My notebook was crashed last few days, sorry for not able to update my blog. One of my reader was asking me to provide the recipe of ice cream cookies, sorry for keep her waiting, here is the recipe.
I tested this cookie when my friend brought a tin for me on last CNY. My kids love this cookie as it tasted like a ice cream. I tried to find this cookie's recipe and I was lucky to have my blogger friend Felvinc so kind to share her recipe. After I baked for few times, I try to modify her recipe and I success to bake this cookie that close to that one I tested for the 1st time. And I love this recipe as I can use the balance egg whites after made the CNY cookies that usually use a lot of egg yolks.
Ice Cream cookies ( Mocha Meringues)
(recipe source: 温馨小屋 with minor changes)
110g egg white
70g icing sugar
2tsp coffee powder
2tsp cocoa powder
1/4tsp cream of Tartar
1/2tbsp corn flour
some chocolate chips
1. Beat egg white over high speed for 1min till foamy, add in tartar and continue to beat.
2. Gradually add in icing sugar and beat till soft peaks formed.
3. Add in corn flour and continue beat till stiff peaks formed.
4. Mix coffee and cocoa powder together, add into egg white mixture. Slowly combine well.
5. Pipe the egg white mixture (meringue) on the baking tray that line with non-stick baking paper, place a chocolate chip on top.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 70c for 75mins or adjust accordingly to your type of oven with low temperature and long baking time till dry and cripsy.
7. Remove pan from oven, not more than 2mins (don’t wait too long otherwise it will became sticky), try to peel off a meringue and it should come off easily if done. Otherwise, put back into oven and continue to bake.
8. Store in air-tight container straightaway (don’t wait to cool).
**Don’t have a air-tight container, you can store in used Milo or milk powder tin, very useful as it is able to maintain the crispyness of this cookie.
Happy Baking !!