Also wanted to try out this new brioche pan that bought it for quite some time already.
Glad that my family like this cake which is less sweet, moist and no greasy.
Apple Yogurt Cake 苹果酸奶蛋糕*for a loaf pan or brioche pan100g Apple, (I use Granny Smith), peeled and cut into small thin slices2tbsp sugar100g unsalted butter
Pinch of salt1/4tsp vanilla extract80g caster sugar2 eggs (large or A size)50g natural yogurt150g cake flour1tsp baking powderMethod
- Sift the cake flour and baking powder together.
- Add apple slices and sugar together in a saucepan and cook over medium heat, stir and cook till apple slightly soften and sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy, add vanilla extract, beat to combine.
- Add in egg one at a time, beat to combine.
- Add cake flour and yogurt alternately, mix to combine.
- Put in the apple pieces, fold to combine
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 45-50mins.
Recipe modified from Dailydelicious, by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover