Hi all, how was your weekend? I have been busy for the past few days. I brought my elder sister to see Consultant Psychiatrist (after her husband passed away for a year but she still not sleeping well at night and very often feel anxious. Earlier we thought this way of behaviour is ok since her husband just passed away but we see no improvement after a year, so we decided to bring her to see doctor, now she is under medication). Also i went to visit my sister-in-law who just gone through an operation of removal uterus due to tumor in her uterus, pity her and i do hope she will get well soon.
Ok, back today post, this is a pumpkin cake that i made using the half pumpkin that i bought earlier (i use the same pumpkin to make pumpkin black sesame bread earlier).
This pumpkin cake is very similar to the pumpkin butter cake i made earlier, but this pumpkin cake is more flavourful as this recipe requires to add pumpkin puree, diced pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and sliced pumpkin, a 100% truly pumpkin cake!! In fact, this cake was really good !
before put into oven..
Recipe source: adapted from Kitchen Flavours who adapted from "Fruity Cakes" by Alex Goh, with minor changes
*makes a loaf pan or a 2x2x9” slim long pan
90g caster sugar
2 eggs (medium)
90g pumpkin puree(steamed and mashed)
160g self-raising flour
40g pumpkin seeds
60g raw pumpkin, diced
50g raw pumpkin,sliced, for topping
1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg one at a time and well combine.
3. Add in pumpkin puree, milk and followed by flour, mix well.
4. Then add in pumpkin seed and diced pumpkin, mix until well incorporated.
5. Pour the batter into a greased and lined mould.
6. Arrange pumpkin slices on top.
7. Bake at preheated oven at 180c for 40mins.