The other day i bought a half pumpkin, and I use it to make this Pumpkin black sesame bread, pumpkin butter cake and steamed savourty pumpkin cake. I agreed pumpkin is a very versatile ingredient, we can use it for cooking or baking in many ways and methods.
I adapted this recipe from a baking book that i bought from the recent Shanghai trip..
Eventhough this is a direct method of making bread, the texture still maintain soft after keep it overnight. I like the black sesame paste very much, similar like peanut butter taste.
Pumpkin Black Sesame Bread
200g High Protein flour
110g pumpkin puree (mashed after steamed or microwave high for 5mins, and sieve)
30g caster sugar
1/2tsp instant yeast
20g butter, softened
70g Organic black sesame seed powder
25g icing sugar
30g egg white
1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix till a rough dough.
2. Add in butter, knead till elastic and smooth. Leave to rise until double in size.
3. Mix black sesame seed powder, icing sugar and egg white till a thick paste.
4. Divide the dough to two portion and rest for 15mins. Roll up into rectangular and apply a thin layer of sesame paste. Roll it up like Swiss roll and place on the baking tray. Leave to proof another 15mins.
5. With a sharp knife, slash a few lines across the top of the dough.
6. Apply egg wash and bake at a preheated oven 180c for 20mins.