Thanks to the recent popular 7-link tag game, and i got to know this Kenny Roger's Corn muffins at Kitchen Flavours's blog as this muffin is her most popular post.
I'm glad that I can use the cornmeal for this recipe which already sitting in the fridge for quite some time. I replaced the frozen yellow corns with fresh corn kernels but this was not an good idea, the corn turned quite hard after baked.
Kenny Rogers' Corn Muffins
Recipe souce: adapted from Kitchen Flavours, original from recipe.goldmine.com, with minor changes
125g butter, softened
80g caster sugar
1/4 cup honey ( reduce about 1 tablespoon from the 1/4 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
200g all-purpose flour
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (I changed to double action baking powder)
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup frozen yellow corn ( I use fresh corn kernels)
1. Cream together butter, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl till light and creamy.
2. Add honey and egg, combine well.
3. Add flour, cornmeal and baking powder and blend thoroughly.
4. Add milk while mixing.
5. Last add corn to the mixture and combine until corn is worked in.
6. Grease a 12 cup muffin pan and fill each cup with batter.
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 25min.