I prepared this fried pork chops and curry rice for yesterday dinner, very similar to Japanese pork and curry rice. But I couldn't call this as Japanese pork and curry rice because i did not use Japanese curry paste.
Insteat i use this famous curry powder, a light and fragrant curry powder.
My family members were enjoyed so much of this rice, you are feel free to try out!
Fried Pork Chops and Curry Rice
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
Deep fried Pork Chops
Boneless pork chops ( get rid of fat, pound the meat)
Garlic pepper powder
2 tbsp milk
Oil for deep frying
1. Dust pork chops with garlic pepper powder and salt, set aside for 30mins.
2. Mix egg, milk, and water in a mixing bowl, lightly stir to mix.
3. One by one, dip meat in flour, next coat meat in egg mixture, then transfer to breadcrumbs and coat thoroughly.
4. Deep fry breaded meat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Carrot and Potato curry
1 small carrot, cubed
1 potato, cubed
1 onion, cubed
1 tomato, cubed
2tbsp curry powder
1tbsp light soy sauce
3/4tsp salt or taste
1/2tsp chicken stock powder
3tbsp cooking oil
2-3 cups water
Few spoons of tapioca flour water / cornstarch flour water
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté onion till aroma.
2. Add in carrot and potato, and add in curry powder, stir to combine well.
3. Add in water, cook to boil and simmer till carrot and potato turned soft.
4. Add in tomato, cook for few minutes.
5. Last thicken the curry by adding few spoon of tapioca flour water.
Cooked rice, preferably Japanese short grain rice
Cucumber, to garnish
Tomato, to garnish
Happy a Nice Week Ahead !!