When i first saw this nice cupcake liners in the bakery ingredients shop, i know it will perfectly for making Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes. I did this cupcake before, but this time i replaced the non-dairy whipping cream to dairy whipping cream for the filling. I made the right choice, dairy whipping cream gave very milky taste and perfectly match with this light and soft chiffon ..I will make this again and again.. And this is also perfect as a gift to given out to friends and relatives..
Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes 北海道牛奶蛋糕
(recipe source: adapted from Forbidden Garden with minor changes)
*makes 9 cupcakes
35g corn oil
70g cake flour
3 egg whites
60g dairy whipping cream
1tsp instant custard powder
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Pre-heat oven to 170C.
2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in the balance egg white with a spatula till well combine.
9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff (over a bowl of iced water).
12. Add in custard powder, mix well.
13. Pipe custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.