This is the 1st time I did Bak Kwa (Chinese Pork Jerky), amazing how easy to make this at home...Bak Kwa is a popular snack for Chinese New Year..
very easy, just blend minced meat and seasoning together
stage 1 ( bake till cooked and cut to desired size)
stage 2 ( grill over high heat till golden brown and slight burnt)
Do you want some?
Homemade Chinese Pork Jery (Bak Kwa) 肉干
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
*makes 9pcs, perfectly for a tray size 13”x13” (4mm height)
450g minced pork (at least with 10% fat)
1tbsp light soy sauce
1/2tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/2tbsp fish sauce
1tbsp oyster sauce
1tsp dark caramel sauce
1/8tsp Chinese five spices powder
A dash of Pepper
1/2tsp-3/4tsp salt or to taste
1. Put all ingredients in a big bowl and start mixing them with a pair of chopsticks. Blend and stir the mixture in one direction until the meat becomes gluey (Latest update on 18 Jan-very important to stir till gluey otherwise meat will break out). Store in the fridge for several hours.
2. Spread the marinated minced pork thinly onto the baking tray (using fingers to spread).
3. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160C for 20mins (Latest update on 18 Jan-15mins also good enough). Remove from oven. Increase the oven temperature to 240c.
4. Wait to slightly cool, cut into your desired size and shape using scissor, knife or pizza cutter, place them in the same baking tray.
5. Grill (top heat only) one side at 240C for 10mins, remove from oven, flip over another side, wait oven back to 240C and grill for 7mins or until golden brown with slight burnt.
6. Once done, let it cool and enjoy!
**you may store Bak Kwa (at stage 4) in the freezer for later consume. Defrost and grill (stage 5) before serve. It will be even taste perfect if you charcoal grill it. Adjust your oven temperature accordingly, you know your oven better !!