I made this Crunchy Almond cookies that specially for my husband who prefer crunchy and nutty type of cookie than those flaky and melt-in-mouth cookie. After gaining the experiences from the 4 failed attempted of dragon cookies, this time, it only took me two times to succeed in making this cookie that suit my husband's taste.
One thing i want to highlight in this recipe, do not omit the salt. Because you should be able to taste the saltiness after you finished a cookie (this is the taste of what my husband wants !), and the cookie taste even better after kept it for 1-2days..
If you want more nutty aroma, you may want to add some almond nibbles...And this cookie is "Eggless' too !
Crunchy Almond Cookies杏仁脆饼
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
100g castor sugar
120g almond meal
170g corn flour
1tsp baking powder
1. Sift corn flour and baking powder, set aside.
2. Cream the butter and sugar till light and creamy.
3. Add in almond meal, mix well.
4. Add in salt and sifted corn flour and baking powder, combine to form a soft dough.
5. Flatten the dough to about 1cm thick, use a cutter to cut to desired shape.
6. Bake in preheated oven at 170c at lower rack for 20-25mins.