Just came back from a short trip from Melaka. Once returned home, start to busy purchasing, packing and making delivery for My Kedai Runcit orders (Hokkaido cupcake case, Puteri ayu mould and skewer are selling hot!!)...just realized that quite a lot of works just to manage this small kedai runcit, hehehe...but it is a good experience and exposure to business world..
I cooked this stir-fried squid with pineapples few weeks ago. I have almost forgotten this dish which my mom use to cook for us when we were kids..if you like sweet and sour dish, you will love this..The important tip is do not overcooked the squids otherwise it will turn chewy and hard..
Stir -fried Squid with Pineapples
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
250g squids, sliced
100g fresh pineapple, sliced
1 tomato, cut small cubed
5 slices of ginger
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
4tbsp Tomato ketchup
2tbsp Chili sauce (preferable sweet type)
1tsp sugar or to taste
1/2tsp salt or to taste
1. Mix tomato ketchup and chili sauce in a small bowl.
2. Heat 2tbsp oil in a wok or pan, add in ginger and garlic, sauté till aroma.
3. Add in pineapple and tomato cubes, cook for 2mins.
4. Add in squid and tomato mixture (no.1), season with sugar and salt, cook for 1-2mins.
5. Dish out and serve with steamed white rice.