If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Kyoto Station 京都駅 & Hotel Granvia Kyoto


Our Japan trip started with visit to Kyoto first then transferred to Osaka. When we first arrived to Kansai Airport (KIX) , we took JR train to our hotel Granvia Kyoto which just located right at the Kyoto station.

Kyoto Tower Hotel night reflection on Kyoto station..

IMG_3108

 I did some researched on the transportation before we go to Kyoto, and i found that buying JR West Rail Pass would be cheaper by about JPY 1000 (we bought 1 day pass since we were not able to utilise on consecutive days , and this pass only can be purchased one time per entry ).

IMG_2842

The weather were cloudy when we arrived, this was the scene we saw when we were on JR train to Kyoto station from Kansai airport..i found that Japanese people like to plant vegetables beside their house. It is so nice to have home grown and organic vegetables..

IMG_2799

Kyoto Station
IMG_3328 

A long series of escalators and stairs, to an open air observation deck is located on the top floor of the station building

IMG_3481 

IMG_3346 

IMG_3344

We stayed at Hotel Granvia Kyoto. This hotel is very clean and comfortable..
Since our stayed in Kyoto only has 3 nights, we decided to choose a hotel that close to the train station so we can easily moving around. Hotel Granvia Kyoto is located just right inside the Kyoto station. So it is very very convenient to take train, bus and other transports from this hotel.  
IMG_2802

They supply with full range of bathroom accessories..

IMG_2804

They even supply with facial wash and makeup remover..this definitely win women's heart..hehehe..

IMG_2805

I love their  body soap and shampoo, very frangrant and smell nice..
IMG_2806

I have heard of this Japanese high-tech toilet seat, now i know how comfortable is this toilet seat, feel so warm, hehehe..Some toilet seat in major departmental store like Daimaru and Isetan, they even have music to choose (just not to disturb your neighbour while you are doing business ^_^)

IMG_2807

The view outside the hotel room, a long Shinkansen train just passed by..

IMG_2848

Our 1st meal in Kyoto.. Since we still blur blur and did not realized that there are plenty of restaurants at the basement of Kyoto station. We walked to outside and found this gyoza and noodle restaurant ..
When we tried to enter this restaurant, we saw automative 自动sign on the handle of the entrance door, since it is automative, so we just stand there and wait for the doors to open but it was not happened. Later only we realized that we need to touch the handle then door only can open, we were so malu (embarassing)!! Those customers inside the restaurant might thinking these two peoples don't know "mana kampung mari " (come from which village), hahaha!

IMG_2812


This was the best gyoza i had, tried few in Osaka and Kyoto restaurant, this is still the best gyoza! forgot to take inside look of this gyoza..JPY 220 for 6pcs of gyoza..

IMG_2813

I ordered this noodle soup, taste was ok but this noodle soup was too oily..

IMG_2814
My husband ordered this fried noodles, taste so so only..
IMG_2815

After dinner, we walked around in the Kyoto station, and realized there are many restaurants at the basement, the Porta is one of them..
IMG_2841

Every restaurant set up their menu with display of plastic food in front of the restaurant. Everythings just look so tempting !


IMG_2837

IMG_2833

IMG_2834

Tonkatsu look like real one..
IMG_2838

IMG_2840

IMG_2836

IMG_2832
IMG_2839

IMG_2831

We bought this mochi to try out , nice to have it with a cup of green tea because it taste quite sweet..You can see this brand of mochi in many shops..
IMG_2845

The next morning, we took breakfast outside since hotel room did not come with breakfast and very expensive if want to take breakfast there.. We went to Porta underground and found this small and cosy cafe and had our Western breakfast.

IMG_2850

IMG_2849

IMG_2853
 
Before i end this post, here is a link that i want to share with you. Hyperdia , you can search for the transport route from one place to another place with various option..

32 comments:

Li Shuan said...

This post brought back a lot of memories to me. Hey you know what..I like the toilet seat..very comfortable ohh...!

Unknown said...

Agreed with Li Shuan, your post brought back nice memories of mine in Japan. Japan is so clean and people are quite friendly. Hotel, I love their full toiletries set and also their toilet seats. Talking about gyoza and ramen...I like their version..usually pork base soup is oily.

Mel said...

I am enjoying the nice and beautiful clicks of photos here! It must be an eye opener for you holidaying at Kyoto.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

害我真的想念起去年的旅游:)
下次我要去这个地方:)

mia111 said...

Hi Sonia, thank you for sharing your travelling experiences again! I find your information very useful for my next trip to Japan! I agree with you that Japanese people are very friendly and their culture is so valuable.

Nadji said...

Une partie du monde que je ne connais pas du tout.
Un voyage magnifique.
Merci pour ce billet.
See soon

Adina Aruştei said...

i am so happy to read these posts! can't wait for more!
thank you for sharing! <3

Aries said...

I have never been to Japan. Thanks for sharing your lovely trip and beautiful pictures.

My Little Space said...

Sonia, if I were there in Japan I think I would be the same like 'sua-gu' lol! haha.... How I wish to visit Japan some day. It's a very very clean country and the air simply refreshing.
Thanks for sharing & taking us along the trip.
Enjoy your weekend.
Kristy

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Hi, Sonia, I'm glad that I didn't miss out your postings of the trip to Japan! The toilet, do you know that I've heard some hong kees even bought the Jap toilet back to HK, hahaha? The Jap are so thoughtful, aren't there? I really like their idea abt playing music in each cubicle of the toilet. And did you notice that they like the traditional toilets as well where we have to squat down to do the biz? On every winter like now, I will miss the Jap toilet more becoz their toilet sits are warmed up & so when we dit on them, we don't get the chill, hahaha!

Hey, you are so "geng cao" of finding the preserved sakura flowers in Jap, great discovery! If I'm lucky enough to go back to Jap for holidays again, I'll ask my friend where do get them! Have you bought a lot of them! I like your other posting abt using the sakura on the cupcakes, very clever! Have a great weekend, Sonia & take care!

Kimmy said...

Sonia, don't laugh at me but I need to tell you the thing in Japan that impressed me most is their hi-tech toilet either at shopping malls or hotels. The toilet seats were so comfortable during the cold season. They 'served' you well.

Jes's Deli Corner said...

This reminds me...I still got some photos havent post yet..lazy.

Ai Wei said...

the fried noodles looks like our "kwong fu chao" haha

Ana Regalado said...

Very informative post , Sonia ! Love the hi-tech toilet ! lol Of course, what is travelogue without those scrumptious food ?! Even the plastic food display looks drool worthy ! :D

Cosy Bake said...

Oh dear, the ham and cheese sandwich toat makes me feeling hungry at this wee hour..... Holidays to Japan is always full of fun and food!! Yumm! Hahah....

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

I only spent few hours in Kyoto when i went Osaka. Next time must stay longer. Thanks for sharing these useful informations :)

misshannajr said...

i wish i can go there :D

mui mui said...

Hi Sonia, love your pictures and your informative post. The high tech toilet sound very interesting. I like the full range of bathroom accesories provided too. Thanks for sharing..:)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Thanks for sharing your photos! They even give you hair band and hair brush, really full range.

Lrong Lim said...

Your post brought a smile to my face... especially the part on the auto door... the gyoza shop is a chain restaurant... very popular among Japanese...

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Glad to see you enjoyed your Kyoto stay and I can't wait to see more pictures! I haven't gone to Kyoto for at least 4-5 years I think. You take lots of pictures of your trip, so I'm really excited where and how you spend your days in Japan! Lots and lots of restaurants to choose from right? It's very hard to recommend some restaurants sometimes because they are too many, and each station has 1000s of restaurants below & above the station. The mochi you bought (Yatsuhashi) is my favorite too. I always get the mix package when I visit Kyoto. :-)

Jane Chew said...

Even tough I din go to Japan but lucky enough to try this type of jap toilet in KL tower n Bangkok (hotel). But the one in kl tower revolving restaurant was not functioning. Shame right? Haha.... Ya, the toilet seat with warmer is really useful in winter time. Love it.

Jeannie said...

I have only been to Tokyo, hope I get the opportunity to visit Kyoto too, looks like a quaint and interesting place to be!

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

thanks for sharing your travelling experience in Japan.

the food display really tempting.

elaine chan said...

Good morning,
I feel that I am travelling with you... thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more tales!.

Baby Sumo said...

Ooo nice that the hotel provide facial wash and make up remover.. I dont think I stay in any hotels which do that before.

Yee's Corner said...

Thanks for sharing yr trip in Japan! I also malu experience when I was in Japan , always forgot to clear my tray after finished my food & the owner & people Ard stating att me! Also forgot to line up when abroad train....

Outbound di malang said...

salam gan ...
menghadiahkan Pujian kepada orang di sekitar adalah awal investasi Kebahagiaan Anda...
di tunggu kunjungan balik.nya gan !

choi yen said...

The makeup remover in hotel room definitely a plus point!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful trip thanks a lot for sharing with us

Anonymous said...

hahaha the automative door incident happened to me in korea too... hahaha am also from kampung :-P

sue

Unknown said...

Good Information. Resort in yelagiri |Yelagiri resorts | Hotels in Yelagiri

Blog Widget by LinkWithin