If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Switzerland, Zollikofen/Bern, Dinner, Part 3

Dinner

1) Restaurant in Hotel Gasthof Tiefenau- They mainly served pasta and pizza.

- I ordered a set of " Cordon Bleu ". We can get the similar one in" Secret Recipe" restaurant here. But of course this one tasted better, but the price of CHF 20 ( ~RM66) ,you can have 3 plates in "Secret Recipe" restaurant !!!



















- Chicken meat wrapped with cheese and ham and coated with special flour and pan fry it.

Next time, I will learn to cook it at home.




















- my husband ordered a set of special pizza, something like big "curry puff".


















-Actually just normal pizza wrapped with ham.


















- The waiter in this restaurant suggest us to try the Swiss local drink "Rivella http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivella", surprisingly the taste was nice and cooling. We tried two flavours- original (red label) and green tea (green label), we still prefer the green tea flavour.
A bottle of this cost about CHF 3 ~ 4 in vary restaurants, but on the last day in Zurich, we found out the cheaper Rivella is in CO-OP supermarket which cost only CHF 1.35 (~ RM 4.40) a bottle, the price are so much difference huh !!!



















-This is the waiter who recommend us the Rivella. He comes from Tunisia and work here. A very nice and friendly uncle.

















*** On next day, we still take dinner in this restaurant, because this is a small town, not much of choices. We both ordered pizzas.


- I ordered Pizza with salami, thin crust type.



















- pizza with ham and pineapple, Hawaiian style.

















- They dont serve chili sauce but own made chili oil.























2) Restaurant in Zollikofen town, also a pasta and pizza restaurant, forgot to take note the restaurant name.
- A very romantic environment in this restaurant





















































- I ordered "Risotto", a kind of rice cooked with parmesan cheese. Not really like the taste, too cheseeee....

















- my husband always play safe side by order normal tomato spaghetti, but it turned out no tomato but all cheeseeee too...



















p/s in the next post, I will show you what I see and shop in Zollikofen.

19 comments:

Nancymommy said...

哇...餐厅很有情调..很有气氛喔...你们在那每天都吃西餐哦?

Bakeling said...

No wonder you said you want to eat Asian food ,everyday bread and pizza ,mana boleh tahan kenyang ? I got to eat every 2 hours if I eat those roti !

Next time if take pictures indoor ,you can set your camera mode to night scene and it picture will become brighter .

Bakeling said...

I also like the series of lighting decoration at "Restaurant in Zollikofen town"

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Nancy, ya lor, hardly find Asian food there, but I did take Thai food at Luzern after several days of western foods, craving to take rice only, I will show you the pictures later.

Bakeling, set to night mode huh, ok, let me check my camera first.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, you should move to Europe country since you like bread so much. I still prefer to stay Malaysia since here is so much convenience ( summer all the times) and variety of good foods.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, you should move to Europe country since you like bread so much. I still prefer to stay Malaysia since here is so much convenience ( summer all the times) and variety of good foods.

Colin Woon said...

The Cordon Bleu looks really delicious. Ha, you tried out that Thai restaurant in Lucern, we saw it the last time we were there and we wonder if its good, so is it good?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Colin, friendly speaking the taste is just normal but no complaint, but we tasted so delicious at that time because we were craving for rice, hahaha..

twister said...

Wow! the pizza there is sooooooooo "BIG"! how do you2 finish it?

I noticed your hubby look skinny....in the picture....(八卦一下....哈哈哈!)

Reanaclaire said...

wish i were there.. but seriously, i cannot eat too much of western food, i will miss nasi lemak more and more.. but one good thing too, i think i will be able to lose weight if i go overseas.. right? haha...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Twister, actually I didn't finish the pizza, just ate one quarter only but my husband finished it all. Then I pack and reheat for next day lunch. Ya lor, my husband slimmer than me, my weight shoot up after I delivered 3 babies, hahaha.

Reanaclaire, same to me, if I will stay longer in Europe, I think the end I will lost my appetize and lose weight. You know I'm a Nasi Lemak Lover, hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is the first I ever see such a big curry puff! The restaurant environment is very cozy! I wish to be there too. :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Carol, even the size was big, my husband wallap the whole thing, unbelievable.

温馨小屋 said...

i like the Cordon bleu...after u learn how to cook then u teach me, ok ?

Bakeling said...

Emile : May be you are interested in watching this " How to make croissants" video


http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-make-croissants

Bakeling said...

This is another croissant recipe :

http://www.indobase.com/recipes/details/croissant.php

Bakeling said...

Last one : http://www.recipezaar.com/French-Croissant-166227


May be you can type croissant recipes and it will comes out 1000 and 1 of croissant recipes.

I hope you can make a batch of successful croissants.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, Thanks so much for your help.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, I just realized that a cook book given by my sister-in- law to me also got croissant recipe, I will try that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin