-Before add Turmeric powder
-After added Turmeric powder
Dhal 250g (washed two times, then soaked in water for 2hours )
Green chili 1, sliced
Shallot 3, sliced
Garlic 3, sliced
Tomato 1, cubed
Potato 1, cubed
Carrot 1, cubed
Curry leaves 1 sprig
1tsp Turmeric powder (updated on 10 Sept 2015-reduce to 1tsp from 1tbsp)
1tsp Mixed Indian herbs (mustard seeds, cumin seeds &etc) , easily found in Indian grocery shop
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok, add in shallot, mixed Indian herbs and garlic, stir fry till fragrant
2. Add in green chili and curry leaves, stir fry for a while
3. Add the rest of tomato, potato and carrot, mix well.
4. Then add in dhal and water. And follow by turmeric powder.
5. Simmer for 1- 1.5 hours over low heat or until dhal turned soft and almost melt.
-My hubby enjoyed his big plate of rice with Dhal curry at his favourite patio area. I also prepared Indian fried chicken and fried bittergourd for this meal, will share the recipe in next post, stay tunned.
Happy Cooking !!