-Before add Turmeric powder
-After added Turmeric powder
Dhal 250g (soaked for 2hours or more)
Green chili 1, sliced
Shallot 3, sliced
Garlic 3, sliced
Tomato 1, cubed
Potato 1, cubed
Carrot 1, cubed
Curry leaves 1 stalk
Turmeric powder 1tbsp
Mixed Indian herbs (mustard seeds, cumin seeds &etc)- easily found in Indian grocery shop
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a wok, add in shallot, mixed Indian herbs and garlic, stir fry till fragrant
2. Add in green chili and curry leaves, stir fry for a while
3. Add the rest of tomato, potato and carrot, mix well.
4. Then add in dhal and water. And follow by turmeric powder.
5. Simmer for 1.5 hours or until dhal is soft.
-My hubby enjoyed his big plate of rice with Dhal curry at his favourite patio area. I also prepared Indian fried chicken and fried bittergourd for this meal, will share the recipe in next post, stay tunned.
Happy Cooking !!