Soymilk pudding with palm sugar syrup & minced ginger
I created this soymilk pudding after I have got the inspiration from a Japanese restaurant which served this delicious dessert. When my family members have their first bite of this pudding , they were saying " Wow , this is nice ! " and we fell in love with this delicious dessert!
I was not sure what are the best proportion of soy milk and gelatin. Luckily I remembered My Kitchen Snippets prepared the similar pudding, thus I adapted her basic recipe and made my own creation of new flavours. Thanks Gert!
The texture is very similar to Tofu Fa but I prefer this pudding than Tofu Fa personnaly...
Soymilk pudding with palm sugar syrup & minced ginger (recipe source: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover, adapted basic recipe from My Kitchen Snippets)
*make 6 ramekins
1. Mix the gelatin and water together and set it aside to bloom.
2. Put the soymilk and sugar in a saucepan, cook over low medium heat until bubbles form around the edges of the saucepan.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin dissolved.
4. Pour the mixture into ramekins or cups and refrigerate until set.
5. Enjoy with palm sugar syrup and grated ginger.
You may replaced palm sugar syrup with brown sugar syrup, but palm sugar syrup give you a nice coconut aroma. Actually i did not prepared palm sugar by myself, I bought RM 2 fresh soymilk(without sugar) from the pasar pagi (morning wet market) and ask them to give me some palm sugar syrup.
Also , remember to serve this pudding with finely minced ginger . The ginger is perfectly match with the soymilk and the palm sugar syrup( gula melaka ) .. Do try out, I bet you will love this dessert!