If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ghee balls (cookies) ~ CNY 2011

Ghee balls

This is a type of CNY cookies that I wanted to try long time ago. Since I was in the rush to make 2011 CNY cookie on the last minutes, this cookie is the best choice since it needs very simple ingredients and easy to make too.

















I was adapted the recipe from Jane's corner..Thanks to Jane!

CNY 2011



I decided to make it in small ball shape

CNY 2011



Ghee balls/cookies
(recipe source: Jane's corner)

(A)
135g Ghee
60g icing sugar
1/4tsp salt

(B)
1 egg yolk
1/2tsp vanilla essence

(C)
150g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
50g almond flour

1. Cream (A) till light
2. Add (B) and mix well
3. Sift in (C) and combine well till a soft dough
4. Shape into small ball
5. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c for 10-15mins or till golden brown
6. Remove the cookies from the oven, and transfer them to cooling rack to let cool completely before storing in airtight container


Ghee balls

Taste : buttery
Texture: melt in mouth

Happy Baking !!


30 comments:

Bakericious said...

the cookies look nice and round.

j3ss kitch3n said...

the cookies are all so evenly rounded up! this is 1 of my favorite cny cookie too!

Diane said...

They look delicious. Diane

That's Ron said...

madness! that looks awesome!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

If i make, sure not even...

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

This is lovely! Thanks for sharing.

ai wei said...

looks lovely.
i have never try makan this before. wondering how would it taste? buttery?

kitchen queen said...

tempting and cute ghee balls.

Miss Tam Chiak said...

so pretty! at first quick glance, i thought it was chicken rice balls! LOL!

ann low said...

The cookies look perfect, nice and round :)
Have a wonderful day, Sonia!

Jihyeon said...

it must be tasty!

The Sweetylicious said...

it look soo nicely baked! i've not tried ghee before but they definitely look yummy from what i see!!

The Sudden Cook said...

I love the 1st shot. How do they taste by the way? Also - thanks for the link!! Appreciate it so much.

孤Owl的王子- Nick Goh said...

wow, nice!! yummy~

Angie's Recipes said...

I love those cookies...they must have tasted heavenly.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Sonia, are these cookies same as "hup toh so", those we had at Reese's place? Ooo if it is, I want to make, hehe.

MaryMoh said...

Looks very delicious. I remember eating these when I was back home.

Madhura Manoj said...

Yummy & perfect cookies.
http://www.easycookingforamateurs.com/

Jeannie said...

Looks like a great recipe...will bookmark this for future use:D

Shirley @ Kokken69 said...

Sonia, you are still making CNY cookies? :) I will save this for next year!

Tina said...

OMG...this looks fabulous dear..Sooo tempting.

My Little Space said...

I like having ghee cookies! In older days, the Chinese seldom make these. So, we normally have to wait till Deepavali for our neighbours sending over the cookies. haha.... Boy, aren't we lucky now! Thanks for sharing.
Hope you're having a sweet & loving day. Happy Belated Valentine's Day!
Love, Kristy
p/s hope your sis is alright! I'm sure she'll thought of her beloved hubby on this day. Take care.

Pam said...

They look great! Simple and easy too! Yum!

divya said...

Omg, ghee balls makes me hungry..Soo tempting!

Hasna said...

tempting & delicious luking cookies...yummm

苏联妈妈 said...

这个饼看来很酥。

daphne said...

they certainly look very delish! a bite at a time! I love how your baking tray is round too!

Mary Bergfeld said...

These were a wonderful choice. They really do look delicious. I'd love to have one with my coffee this morning. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks crispy!

Anonymous said...

During Hari Raya we also have this cookies. It's call biskut suji. Anyway thks for sharing the recipe.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin