If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, February 14, 2011

Golden Coconut cookies~CNY 2011

coconut cookies

Before CNY is over, I have to post the only three cookies that i made this year, one of them is coconut cookies. This is my own creation by just mix and match, since the main ingredient is using Golden bake desiccated coconut (you can get it from bakery ingredients shop), so I would like to call this cookie as Golden coconut cookies.














This is Golden bake desiccated coconut

coconut cookies



Golden Coconut cookies
(recipe source: originated by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)

70g butter
40g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
140g cake flour
1/8tsp baking soda

50g Golden bake desiccated coconut

1. Sift flour and soda, set aside
2. Cream butter and sugar till light
3. Add egg yolk, stir and combine well
4. Add in flour and soda, and coconut, mix well till a soft dough
5. Roll into thin flat sheet, use a cookie cutter to cut out the shape
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c for 10-15mins or till golden brown
7. Remove the cookies from the oven, and transfer them to cooling rack to let cool completely before storing in airtight container


coconut cookies


Happy Baking !!

23 comments:

j3ss kitch3n said...

very beautiful! i have not seen this golden dessicated coconut in singapore before lol or did i missed them?

温馨小屋 said...

我很幸运可以吃到你亲手做的饼干,这个好吃!我一定要把食谱抄下 ... 好吃好吃!

Bakeling said...

It seems we can't get the golden desiccated coconut here . But I will still jot down the recipe . Thanks for sharing .

Too bad , I couldn't taste it as 温馨小屋 did !

Bakeling said...

Happy Valentines Day !

My Little Space said...

I bet these are fragrant crispy & delicious! Yummm.... Thanks first for the recipe. I'm sure there's many more to come. haha.... Have a sweethear today, dear.
Blessings, Kristy

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

情人节快乐^^

Diane said...

I have never seen golden desiccated coconut, sounds interesting. Diane

Unknown said...

look nice and i love Coconut cookies, will try it a day when i free...thanks for sharing

Wen said...

Happy Valentine's Day! These cookies look great and tasty!

Cheah said...

I'm sure your coconut cookies are very aromatic!
Happy Valentine's Day, Sonia!

Min said...

Nice cookies! Do you think I can substitute Golden desiccated coconut with those normal desiccated coconut? The one I bought is white colour.

Jihyeon said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

lena said...

hope you had a great new year! the cookies looked perfectly baked! are the golden dessicated coconut same as toasted dessicated coconut?

daphne said...

I'm also hoping that we can have the same effect by toasting the coconut! this looks easy and soo delish!

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I've not try baking with Golden desiccated coconut, thanks for sharing!

Jeannie said...

Mmmm...I am sure your kitchen smells heavenly when you bake these cookies...looks delicious!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sonia! Too bad I can't make it to KL to meet up with you ladies this round, hopefully next time. ;) btw, delicious looking coconut cookies.

ann low said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sonia! Your cookies look so delicious and pretty :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks yummy! Happy V-day!

ICook4Fun said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sonia. I don't think I ever see this type of coconut before. Are they toasted? I am sure it tasted great in the cookies.

Nadji said...

des biscuits délicieux. J'aime beaucoup.
See soon.

Bakericious said...

Sonia, these golden coconut cookies looks yummy, I must go hunt for golden bake desiccated coconut.

Bakeling said...

What a coincidence ! I don't know why I read this again at the same day !
Happy Valentine's Day 2013 !

Blog Widget by LinkWithin