Today I going to share with you this dish that cook using a pressure cooker. My SIL Annie was so kind present me a set of WMF pressure cooker as a courage for me to cook more nice foods for my family in my new house. All this while, I'm hesitate to use a pressure cooker, but not for now, i just realized that this cooker is fast,efficient and it could retains vitamins and minerals and saves time too.
Start counting time when the 2nd red ring appeared, lower heat and it only took 15mins to braise duck.
Beside braised Teochew spiced duck, I also like to braise duck with tauchu (fermented soy bean paste).
Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)
(recipe source: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
½ bird duck, cut into bite size
2” ginger or more, sliced
2tbsp Tauchu (fermented soy bean paste)
2tbsp light soy sauce
1tbsp sesame oil
Salt to taste
1tbsp Chinese Tiew Heng wine
1 small bowl of water
Coriander leaves, chopped
1. Heat up oil in the Pressure cooker (without lid).
2. Add in ginger, sauté till aroma.
3. Add in tauchu, mix well.
4. Add in duck pieces, and the rest of the seasonings, combine well.
5. Pour in water , stir well.
6. Cover and cook over high flame until 2nd red ring appeared.
7. Lower heat and continue cook for 15mins.
8. Release pressure, and remove cover.
9. Add thickening (1tbsp tapioca flour+2tbsp water) and wine, continue cook till gravy turn thick.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
If you using normal wok to cook, then you have to cook for about 45mins or more till meat tendered.
There will be more dishes cook using this pressure cooker, stay tuned !
Happy Cooking !!