If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)

Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)

Today I going to share with you this dish that cook using a pressure cooker. My SIL Annie was so kind present me a set of WMF pressure cooker as a courage for me to cook more nice foods for my family in my new house. All this while, I'm hesitate to use a pressure cooker, but not for now, i just realized that this cooker is fast,efficient and it could retains vitamins and minerals and saves time too.












Start counting time when the 2nd red ring appeared, lower heat and it only took 15mins to braise duck.

Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)


Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)


Beside braised Teochew spiced duck, I also like to braise duck with tauchu (fermented soy bean paste).

Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)



Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)
(recipe source: Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)


½ bird duck, cut into bite size
2” ginger or more, sliced

Seasonings
2tbsp Tauchu (fermented soy bean paste)
2tbsp light soy sauce
2tsp sugar
1tbsp sesame oil
Salt to taste
1tbsp Chinese Tiew Heng wine

1 small bowl of water

Coriander leaves, chopped

1. Heat up oil in the Pressure cooker (without lid).
2. Add in ginger, sauté till aroma.
3. Add in tauchu, mix well.
4. Add in duck pieces, and the rest of the seasonings, combine well.
5. Pour in water , stir well.
6. Cover and cook over high flame until 2nd red ring appeared.
7. Lower heat and continue cook for 15mins.
8. Release pressure, and remove cover.
9. Add thickening (1tbsp tapioca flour+2tbsp water) and wine, continue cook till gravy turn thick.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.

If you using normal wok to cook, then you have to cook for about 45mins or more till meat tendered.

Braised Tauchu duck ( fermented soy bean duck)


There will be more dishes cook using this pressure cooker, stay tuned !


Happy Cooking !!

 


32 comments:

Diane said...

Mmmmmmm I love duck. Diane

Bakeling said...

看起来好好吃喔 !

MÜJDE said...

Merhabalar, damla'nın özel öykü sayısında yayınlanan MÜJDE isimli öyküyü okudunuzmu?

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

看了都流口水:P

Angie's Recipes said...

Mouthwatering! Haven't eaten duck for some time. This is a nice one with preserved soya beans.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Yum yum! Your dish is urging me to go get a pressure cooker too!:))

Coraine said...

Oh man..After looking at the pictures I really hope to have a hot steamy rice to go with the duck~! HAHA!

cinafong said...

I am craving for my mother's braised duck with ginger now..

ICook4Fun said...

A good friend gave me one too but till now I am still scare of using it. I had a bad experience once when my mom used it so still can't get over it yet. Maybe soon. I always like braised duck that my mom prepared but I never try doing it.

Colin Woon said...

Pressure cooker is an amazing invention. We just love it for the time and gas saved through out the years.

Your braised duck looks deliciously good!!!

divya said...

ohhh...droooooling here...perfect n tempting..

Tina said...

wow. my fav ...this looks fabulous....

lena said...

hi sonia, i'm so glad that you put up this recipe using pressure cooker. Reason is becos i have a brand new pressure cooker, still havent opened up the box yet, it was a gift from some company to my mum and she didnt want to use that so she gave it to me. I'm also new to pressure cooker and hope to try it out soon..saves so much time!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks delicious! I should start using my pressure cooker too.

ann low said...

WOW! The duck dish looks so flavorful with tauchu. I want to try this too!

Pei-Lin said...

Sonia, the duck looks so handsome in the gravy!

Hey, where do you usually get your duck from? I've been having hard time locating a raw duck in my area! ARGH!

minneville said...

i can smell the dish from the picture alone!

daphne said...

This looks like the meat is falling off the bone! what a great idea!

Elin Chia said...

Whoa...I can smell the dish from the screen. Great photography ! Drooling and your SIL is such a great sis giving you that great pressure cooker. Makes cooking so much easier :)

Quay Po Cooks said...

Sonia, I am a big fan of roast duck but not so much braised duck but yours looks scrumptious. The yummy photos makes me want to make this. Did Desmond took the photos? He is quick a photographer already at his young age. hehe

Bakericious said...

this dish looks good, my husband sure gonna love it!

Jane Chew said...

never try tauchu duck before. Must try out one day. Me too love presure cooker. Got 2; 1 is family size the other really big size for business used. hehe... no business so i use it only for making bak chang.

Unknown said...

Wow, looks great! I will have to hunt down the fermented bean paste just so I can try this dish.

Thanks for the beautiful recipe and congratulations on your new pressure cooker. I promise, pretty soon you'll want another one!

L

hip pressure cooking
making pressure cooking hip, one recipe at a time!

tigerfish said...

Wow! A pressure cooker! It helps to "break down" the meat much faster and you still get tenderness in a short time. I have not tried tauchu duck before - should be delicious.

My Little Space said...

Wow, I love braised soybean gravy alot! My mom used to make braised pork & hard boiled eggs in fermented soybean gravy when I was younger. It's so delicious especially the gravy. An extra touch of pounded chili padi even better. Thanks for sharing another wonderful dish.
Best regards, Kristy

Crumbs N Crust said...

Hi

i have the same WMF Pressure Cooker and have been using it for the last 11 years. You can boil soup in this and it taste like it has been boiled for 6 hours ! Just dump everything in the pot with water and close the lid. Boil at high temperature until the knob raised to the fullest and lower the fire to the lowest and let it cook for 30 mins and then turn off the fire. The soup is ready when the knob falls flat and you can open the lid.

For Ngau Lam ( Beef stew ) takes 20 mins. Same as for pork - 20 mins. Beef Rendang also takes 20 mins or everything will be disintegrated !

Enjoy = )

Cheah said...

I like this dish but I've never tried cooking duck. Using a pressure cooker for this dish really saves a lot of time.

Min {Honest Vanilla} said...

oh yummy! i've never attempted duck at home before, was always worried that it'll not turn as tender. now you've definitely given me the courage to try :P

Wen said...

Wow pressure cooker is really useful, 15mins to cook a duck...amazing! The duck looks so yummy!

Noob Cook said...

I have wmf pressure cooker but ashamed to say that I've seldom used it. Also, I rarely cooked duck at home. Bookmarked your recipe because it really inspires me :)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a really nice recipe. There are some good guidelines on how to cook soya beans to avoid the toxins in this post on the Pure Package blog http://www.purepackage.com/2011/03/soya-beans-interesting-nutrition-facts-and-ideas/

Harish said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!


Wok Duck Cookers

Blog Widget by LinkWithin