If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, June 26, 2015

Coconut and Chocolate Butter Cake 椰丝巧克力奶油蛋糕

This is a cake that i tried to replicate after tasted the similar one during my recent trip to Frankfurt Germany.




Bottom layer is chocolate cake, and top layer is Coconut butter cake, when both combine together , it taste so good.




Coconut and Chocolate Butter Cake 椰丝巧克力奶油蛋糕
*for a 8” square cake pan

225g butter (unsalted)
180g caster sugar
4 eggs (large or A)
1tsp vanilla extra
210g cake flour, sifted
1 and 1/4tsp baking powder, sifted
4tbsp milk



For coconut layer- 30g Hawaii coconut flakes
For chocolate layer- 1tbsp cocoa powder + 1 and /1/2tbsp milk – mix together , 20g chocolate chips
For sprinkle on top – 2tbsp desiccated coconut

Method
1.      Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
2.      Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. After well combine, slightly increase speed and beat for 1min till fluffy.
3.      Add the flour and baking powder (sifted together) and beat well to combine, fold milk alternately and combine well.
4.      Equally divide batter into two portions, one portion mix with coconut and another portion mix with cocoa powder and milk, and chocolate chips, mix well.
5.      Spoon chocolate batter in the cake tin lined with paper, then top with coconut batter. Tap the tin to remove any air bubbles.
6.      Bake at preheated oven at 170c for 55mins or until a skewer insert and come out clean.
7.      Cool on wire rack, sprinkle desiccated coconut on top.



Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover


15 comments:

Unknown said...

牛油蛋糕我最爱了,加了椰子粉一定很香,食谱我先拿走咯,谢谢你的分享!

0620 said...

咿,是Butter Cake......喜欢喜欢

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Never thought of putting chocolate and coconut together, looks delicious!

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Never thought of putting chocolate and coconut together, looks delicious!

Ana Regalado said...

What a delicious treat , Sonia ! I love coconut and chocolate combo ! We have this chocolate bars the same flavor as your cake and I just can't get enough of them :D

julie pig pigs said...

我今天做了这个蛋糕
真的很香
那个hawaii coconut flakes 要去哪里买
我找不到就拿椰子粉来放进去

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

julie, you may look for hawaii coconut flakes at those bakery ingredients shop.

bakergirlyy said...

Hi Sonia,

Love all your recipes here. I'm thinking of trying out this one since I have leftover grated coconut. Is it ok to use fresh grated coconut instead of desiccated coconut/ coconut flakes? I assume coconut flakes are same as desiccated coconut? Appreciate your view.

Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

YY, the Haiwaian coconut flakes that I used is slightly wet, thicker if compare to fresh grated coconut ,I guess it is ok to replace with grated coconut . Coconut flakes texture is difference from desiccated coconut which is dry and light .

bakergirlyy said...

Thanks Sonia. Very helpful advice.

Btw, tried it this morning. It was so good! :)

Veron said...

Sonia, I can't coconut flakes so I use desiccated instead. The feedback was superb n I hv been baking these for the past 3 weeks due to popular demands. I m gg to try to use fresh grated coconut the next round. Thank u for sharing such a good recipe

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

can I know what butter will be the best for this cake? I tried baking using SCS butter, the cake turn to be very compact. When I use Anchor, it is very fragile. Can you advise me on this?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Mei Yian, I used Anchor , maybe due to oven temp ?

Michael Dan said...

Mmm those look so delicious! Love the photos--wish I could grab a slice through the screen :) I can't wait using my Celebes Desiccated Coconut from http://celebes.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin