And this banana chiffon cake that i made are totally natural where i did not add in any chemical raising agent, no burden at all to enjoy as many as you can.
Banana Chiffon 香蕉戚风蛋糕*for a 7” chiffon tube pan or a 6” Japanese tall chiffon tube pan3 egg yolks (large or A size)10g caster sugar75g cake flour35g vegetable oil ( I use sunflower oil)90g mashed banana
3 egg white (large or A size)40g caster sugar1/2tsp lemon juicesMethod
- Immediately separate cold eggs after taken them out from the refrigerator (cold eggs separate more easily) into two mixing bowls (No oil and no water in these bowls, clean and dry bowls). Set aside and allow them return to room temperature.
- Add in sugar into egg yolks, immediately lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light (Try to whisk immediately once sugar is added into egg yolks, egg will cover the sugar and turned hard if sit there for too long).
- Add in sunflower oil, mix well. Then add in mashed banana, stir well to combine. Add in flour, stir to well combine.
- Beat egg whites and lemon juices till foamy , gradually add in sugar in three batches and continue beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight up with a little curve at the tip), takes about 3-4mins using speed 3 at a electric hand mixer.
- Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well and lighten the egg yolk batter (Do not worry you will deflate the batter at this stage )
- Now change hand whisk to a silicone spatula, fold in 1/3 of meringue, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour cake batter into chiffon pan, wipe off the excess batter stick on the tube or insert area. Fill batter about 80% full but not fill too full as cake has no space to rise while baking and resulted cake shrinkage. Tap pan on the counter top to remove air trapped inside the batter.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 30mins at middle rack or until cooked.
- Once done, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.
- Chiffon cake is ready to unmould. You can use a plastic thin spatula to run the pan and unmould the chiffon or you can unmould using bare hands method if you have mastered this skill.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
I'm joining Best Recipes for Everyone ~ BREE#10
June 2015 Event: Secret of Chiffon & Roll Cake
Organized & hosted by Fion of Xuan Hom's Mom Kitchen Diary