I still use back my old butter cake recipe this time, but I didn't using egg separation method as I was rushing for last minutes CNY baking cookies.
I just baked like normal butter cake by adding whole egg . But i still want the same texture like using egg separation method. So I extended the beating time after adding all egg, as to beaten up the egg. Also i reduced a bit of the oven temperature and watched out for the perfect timing before the cake getting cracked . My hubby told me this cake is simply perfect at right sweetness, light and not greasy. I also agreed with him, we just love it!
Marble Butter Cake 云石奶油蛋糕*for a 8” cake
250g butter (salted)180g caster sugar4 eggs (large or A)1tsp vanilla extra230g cake flour, sifted1 and 1/2tsp baking powder, sifted4tbsp milk
1tbsp cocoa powder + 1/2tsp coffee powder + 2tbsp milk – mix together
- Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until light and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. After well combine, slightly increase speed and beat for 1min till fluffy.
- Add the flour and baking powder (sifted together) and beat well to combine, fold milk alternately and combine well.
- Remove 250g of plain batter and place in another clean mixing bowl, mix well with cocoa mixture.
- Spoon the two batters, plain and chocolate batter, alternately into the cake tin (lined base and sides). Using a butter knife, gently swirl it around the mixture in the tin a few times to create a marbled effect. Tap the tin to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake at preheated oven at 170c for 50-55mins or until a skewer insert and come out clean.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all who celebrate Chinese New Year a wonderful celebration and Gong Xi Fa Cai 喜气羊羊 , 羊羊得意 ！！