This recipe was inspired from the TV travel program of Taiwanese breakfast.
Egg Pancake Roll with Sausage and Chicken floss 香肠肉松蛋饼*makes 3 pancake rollsFor the egg pancake100g plain flour200g waterA pinch of salt1 stalk of spring onion, chopped2 eggs, lightly beaten40g chicken floss or pork floss6 sausages, pan fryMayonnaiseToasted sesame seedsCooking oilMethod
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Gradually add water, stirring to combine. Add the chopped spring onions, beat until smooth.
- Grease a non-stick pan (8”) over medium heat, pour or scoop (using a soup ladle) the batter onto the pan. When the batter slightly cooked, scoop egg on top of the pancake, and try to coat the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 1-2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side.
- Place some chicken floss on the pancake, then top 2 sausages and drizzle with mayonnaise.
- Roll the pancake then slice into serving pieces, sprinkle with sesame seeds, enjoy!
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover