If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fu Shou Quan 福寿全 (Vegetarian Buddha Jumps Over The Wall ) ~喜气羊羊 2015

Today is Chap Goh Mei (CNY day 15th) , last day of CNY. I chosen to cook this healthy vegetarian version 养生素菜 of Buddha Jumps Over The Wall 佛跳牆 to end  CNY 2015. Recently i got to know the name of this vegetarian Buddha Jumps Over The Wall called as Fu Shou Quan 福寿全, a very auspicious name.




This vegetarian Fu Shou Quan total have perfect 10 ingredients 十全十美, five type of mushrooms ( Eryngii mushroom, grey oyster mushroom, shiitake mushroom, shimeji mushroom and black fungus), tofu, pumpkin, taro or yam, carrot and broccoli.
First stir fried five types of mushroom with ginger slices and garlic till juices from mushroom evaporated, seasoning with salt, light soy sauce, sugar and dark soy sauce. Pan fry tofu slices, pumpkin slices and yam slices. Blanch broccoli florets and carrot slices in hot water.
To assemble - arrange tofu slices on the side of a big medium bowl, place cooked mushrooms, upside down the bowl with another big serving bowl. Then arrange tofu slices, pumpkin slices and yam slices. Pour in vegetarian stock ( boil cabbage and carrot) and steam for 10mins. Arrange broccoli florets and carrot accordingly.



With this healthy vegetarian Fu Shou Quan 福寿全, I wish all of you to stay healthy and have a wonderful life.
Happy Chap Goh Mei 元宵节 2015 !!





9 comments:

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

好好看的“福寿全”。
这是一道漂亮又带好意兆的年菜。喜欢。
有机会一定会试试,谢谢。

Sem said...

very good, i was looking for this recipe but now can try your vegetarian version, more healthy.

My Little Space said...

Hmm...mm. I love those mushrooms.
Kristy

PH said...

Very good dish and nice to look at too!

Swee San said...

oh nice. can make this for next year's cny dinner hehe

Victoria Bakes said...

nothing but healthy ingredients.. it will be such an experience if i was an invited guest to your place someday... doesn't matter what you serve ;)

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

My mother being a vegetarian will be felling over the moon if I cook this delicious, yummy and lovely dish for her. Thanks a million for the recipe

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , I remember the last year version and this looks just as delicious :D I love the different mushrooms you've added so as the taro and pumpkin , great texture and flavor combo !

Shu Han said...

I haven;t been blogging or reading blogs too much lately, but definitely had to click on this when it popped up on my feed because it looked so yummy! I remember last year's version too, and this looks even better, especially with my favourite taro and pumpkin! Hopefully I can try to recreate this with ingredients in London.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin