Longjing tea shrimps is a Chinese famous dish 名菜, is a dish from Zhejiang Hangzhou 浙江杭州.
Chinese also like to serve shrimps or prawns during Chinese New Year as 虾虾 Ha Ha means "Happy".
Lets see how to cook this famous Chinese dish!
I have never tried the real Longjing tea shrimps, so I don't know the real taste. This dish just very plain and fresh with very mild of tea aroma.
Longjing Tea Shrimps 龙井虾仁
170g white shrimps, shell removed, devein, halve if the size is big1/8tsp fine saltA pinch of MSG, optional3/4tbsp egg white1/4tsp tapioca starch
2g Longjing tea leaves龙井茶2tbsp hot waterMethod
- Soak Longjing tea leaves with hot water for half an hour. Separate tea leaves and tea water, set aside.
- Rinse shrimps in water several times until clean. Pat dry with kitchen paper towel.
- Add in salt, MSG and egg white, mix with hand until sticky, add in tapioca flour, mix to combine well.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium heat till 50% hot, add in shrimps, quickly use a chopstick to separate the shrimps, cook less than an minute, drain the shrimps, set aside.
- In the same wok, remove the cooking oil, add in 1tbsp tea, cook over high heat, add in shrimps, mix well, cook less than an minute to avoid overcook the shrimps. Add in little tea leaves before dish out. Serve hot.Recipe reference: refer here, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover