Let me show you how to make them...
I need little hand of my little son Desmond on rolling these tiny balls for the ear ^_^
Actually the first batch i made these Winnie the Pooh bread buns that using pumpkin dough..
Since these are hand made, so they have difference face expression, so cute!
They are too cute to be eaten ^_^
Bear Cartoon Character Bread Buns 小熊小面包For the bread350g High protein flour or bread flour40g caster sugar15g cocoa powder (I use Valrhona cocoa powder)1/2tsp fine salt1tsp instant yeast230g fresh milk25g unsalted butter, room temperature
For decorate the bear faceWhite chocolateDark chocolatemilkMethod
- In a stand mixer, add in bread ingredients except butter, mix and knead till smooth.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Cover and set aside to proof till double in size.
- Punch down the dough to expel air, to weight 35g each for 16 portions for the body and shape into round ball. And also to weight 2g each for the ear for 32 portions, rest for 15mins.
- Take 35g dough and fill in ~1tsp Nutella, wrap and shape into ball, place into a baking pan (9’x9’), repeat till finished.
- Brush milk on the dough, then place two 2g dough for the ear, lightly press to stick. Repeat till all ear dough finished .Cover and let is proof for another 30-45mins.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 20mins, remove from baking tin, set aside till completely cool down before decorate it.
- Melt white chocolate, then use a Chinese brush to paint at the centre. Melt dark chocolate, fill in a piping bag, then make the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Store in air-tight container to avoid bread buns turned dry quickly.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover