During Puasa month (fasting month), usually i like to cook some Malay foods. Simple Nasi Serai (Lemongrass rice ) enjoy together with delicious Ayam bakar madu ( honey grilled chicken), they were nice combo!
Here is the Kurma mix that i used
Lemongrass Rice and Honey Grilled Chicken Wings 香茅饭和烤香茅蜜糖鸡翅Lemongrass rice2 cups Basmati rice, wash and soak for 1hr2 pandan leaves, knotted4 cups water1tbsp butter1tbsp cooking oil4 shallots, sliced2 garlic, sliceda small cube ginger, sliced1tsp Rempah Kurma or Kurma Mix3 lemongrass, smashed1 cinnamon stick6 cardamom1/2tsp salt1/2tsp chicken stock powderMethod
- Melt butter with cooking oil, sauté shallots, garlic, ginger till aroma.
- Add in lemongrass, cinnamon stick and cardamom, mix well.
- Add in rice, then add in rempah Kurma, salt and chicken stock powder, mix well.
- Transfer rice in a rice cooker, add in water and pandan leaves and cook it.
Lemongrass Honey Grilled Chicken Wings10 chicken wings2 lemongrass½ onion, sliced3 garlic, slicedA small cube ginger1tbsp chili paste or chili Boh ( I use homemade sambal chili paste)1 and 1/2tsp salt2tbsp honey1tsp cumin powder1tsp fennel powder1tsp coriander powderMethod
- Blend lemongrass, onion, garlic and ginger with some water till fine paste.
- Mix lemongrass paste with chicken wings, and the rest of ingredients, marinate for 4hours or overnight.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 190C for 30mins, 190C for 5mins (fan forced), and 200C (grill or top heat ) for 5mins or until golden brown.
Reference to here, Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover