Thinking to make blueberry crumble muffins as seen in Okashi book, but i decided to change it to blueberry crumble cupcakes as I wish to submit to Aspiring bakers#13-Enjoying cupcakes!
My 1st time baking cake top with crumble, love the sweetness and buttery crumble. I will include more crumble topping in my future baking..
Also my 1st time made cupcake with fresh blueberries, tasted very refreshing. Last time i made with store bought blueberries filling, this is definitely can't compete with fresh blueberry.
Blueberry crumble cupcakes
(recipe source: Crumble topping adapted from okashi book, cupcake by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
20g cold butter
20g caster sugar
20g top flour or cake flour
10g ground almond
125g butter, room temperature
80g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2tsp vanilla extract
100g self-rising flour or 100g cake flour + 1tsp baking powder
80g fresh blueberries, dust with some flour
For the topping-fresh blueberries
1. Make crumble topping. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix with fingers until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C. Put 8 paper cases in a muffin pan.
3. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
5. Add in the flour and milk alternately, fold till well combine.
6. Add in blueberries, mix well.
7. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Top with few blueberries, then sprinkle crumble topping over.
8. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 25-30mins, or until risen and firm to the touch.
9. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
Thanks all for your support about that "No manners person" , it seem a lot of bloggers has the same experience and look like is hard to eliminate this kind of fake bloggers..But I feel this kind of blogger will not last long as their recipe all are not genuine...
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) which hosted by Min of Min's Blog.