If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13



This is my 1st time join Bake Along which is organized by Kitchen Flavours,Frozen Wings and Bake For Happy Kids.Now they also welcome other bloggers to join this event. Actually i just done this cupcakes few hours ago. I supposed to make this cupcake yesterday but i was having migraine and no mood to do any baking yesterday..



Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13


I like this event, it is kind of fun to bake along with other bloggers who has the same passion in baking..
I have yet to make any cupcakes with frosting in this Aspiring Baker month, this recipe just come at the right time. Love the key lime cream cheese frosting in this recipe, but need to reduce the sugar amount as we found the cupcake is way too sweet for our tastebud.

Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13


Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13


Since i posted a bit late, so i just copy Frozen Wings' recipe (Thanks Lena) which already halved and i made minor changes..
Also my first time did buttermilk and butter at home, will share the recipe in my next post.


Key Lime Cupcakes
Recipe ( from Bon Appetit Desserts or here )
** makes 6 cupcakes


Cupcakes
Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13 62gm cake flour
47gm self raising flour
56gm unsalted butter, room temperature
140gm sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tbsp finely grated lime peel
2 and 1/2tbsp buttermilk (I use homemade buttermilk)
a drop of green food colouring
Frosting
92gm powdered sugar
100gm cream cheese, room temperature
56gm butter (I use homemade butter)
1 tbsp finely grated lime peel
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I omitted)


Method for frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth.


Method for cupcakes:
1. Preheat oven to 175C. Line a 6 standard muffin cups with paper liners. Whisk both flour in medium bowl to blend.
2. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Add sugar, beat to blend. Beat in eggs, then lime juice, lime peel and food colouring. ( batter may be curdled). Beat in flour mixture in 2 additions alternately with buttermilk. Spoon batter into each liner.
3. Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove cupcakes from pan, cool completely. Pipe frosting on each of the cupcake, sprinkle grated lime peel on top.



To view this cupcake baked by other bakers, please visit to Kitchen Flavours ( i still don't know how to add linky here). For the next Bake-Along, the theme is "Pancakes and Crepes". Whip out your best pancakes or crepes, treat your family and friends with some delicious homemade pancakes or crepes and share that with us on 08/12.




Key Lime Cupcake : Free and Easy Bake-Along #13


I also submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) which hosted by Min of Min's Blog.

37 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

So nicely made...

Somewhere in Singapore said...

hehe... today i'm early... hehe...

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a nice fresh cupcake.And aromatic;)

Mel said...

The lime zest makes this cupcakes yummy and delicious.

Cocoeriley said...

It looks very yummy.

Take good care ya...

ann low said...

So pretty and mouth watering. I want to try this too!

Small Kucing said...

I can imagine the taste. I had some Lemon Cupcakes not long ago. It was very good. I bet Lime is just as good

Eileen@Hundred Eighty Degrees said...

Yours look good!

Min said...

I love the idea of bake along too, maybe I should join for the coming round :) Waiting for your next post to share with us how to make our own buttermilk, I'm very keen to know, hehe.

may said...

very pretty and yummy cupcake, I really want to try it one day, my hubby love butter cream and always complain 'nobody' make for him, haha... wait to see your own buttermilk and butter recipes.

Radhika said...

Love that soothing green tone of the frosting. Superbly done.

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Sonia,
You did a great job with the cupcake! It is gorgeous! Well done! Thank you for joining in the Bake-Along! Hope to see you at the next one too! Have a nice day!

lena said...

sonia, this is absolutely pretty! it's really nice to have you joining along the bake along with us. Yes, initially we started with just me, joyce and zoe and now we also welcome the rest of the bloggers to join in the bake along. As for the linky, we will see if this can be extended to other bloggers as well. I'm really looking forward to your home made butter post!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个酸酸地
我喜欢
拿两个来:)

Cheah said...

Sonia, like the green specks on the topping..... so cool!

Hankerie said...

Sweet and sour always the best combination! Love it :)

Victor said...

I went through all the key lime cupcakes this morning. Every version is so well made and decorated. Well done!

Julie said...

Lovely colour of frosting n delicious!!
Ongoing Event -Christmas Delicacy (15 Nov-31 Dec 2011)
Erivum Puliyum

Li Shuan said...

Sonia, how are you feeling now? Hope your migraine has gone away. Lime and cream cheese frosting is a very refreshing combination. Delicious !

Unknown said...

这酸酸的小蛋糕真的很开胃。
拿了两个。。。

Joceline said...

How are you Sonia? This cup cake look very fresh & juicy. :) :) Tak boleh tahan~

Malay-Kadazan girl said...

Oh yum! I like any citrus cake very much. If I have this with my tea for breakfast will make me more motivated to go to school.

divya said...

Omg, super delicious irresistible yummy cup cake..

Ana Regalado said...

Pretty ! Love those lime sprinkles on that frosting ;)

Fern @ To Food with Love said...

Love the frosting and bits of lime zest! It's making my mouth water just looking at it!

Unknown said...

If manage to find key limes, I would love to join this as well ^_^

Jeannie said...

I have bookmarked this recipe too and planned to make it before the link closed but lack of ingredients...yours look really good...nicely frosted, I am not good at that!

Noob Cook said...

the lime frosting looks elegant and delicious.

Zoe said...

I'm happy that you have joined us for our bake-along. I love the look of having little specks of lime rind on your beautifully piped cupcakes. They are very nicely presented!

sean said...

可以想象得到有多好吃。
mouth watering.

Food Processor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessie-CookingMoments said...

I know I'm going to love this cupcake. It's going to my cooking/baking list now. Thanks.

Amelia said...

Sonia, I'm drooling ..... love your key lime cuppies especially the topping is so delicious. Beautiful picture.

Shanthi Krishnakumar said...

Looks absolutely delicious and wonderful clicks. Luv your space

Angie's Recipes said...

So pretty and delightful!

Anonymous said...

Can we replace buttermilk with milk? Thank you

Ponde :)

Dianazrot said...

This sounds like a nice fresh cupcake.And aromatic;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin