If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes

Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes


The other day my daughter told me that she started to like baking. Yesterday I chosen this simple recipe from the “Simple & Delicious Cupcakes” book and taught her how to prepare this cupcake. This recipe is very simple, just beat all ingredients together. So this is my daughter 1st cupcake, hope you will like it.


Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes



Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes
(recipe source: adapted from Sweet & Delicious Cupcakes book)
*makes 8

Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes140g soft margarine
200g caster sugar
2 large eggs
120g self-rising flour
2tbsp unsweetened cocoa

110g semisweet chocolate
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190c.
2. Put the margarine, sugar, egg, flour and cocoa in a large bowl and using a handheld electric mixer, beat together until just smooth.
3. Spoon half of the batter in the paper liners. Break the chocolate evenly into 8 squares and place a piece in each cup, then spoon the remaining cake batter on top.
4. Bake the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20mins, or until well risen and springy to the touch. Leave the cupcakes for 5-10mins before serving warm, dusted with sifted confectioner’s sugar.





Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes


If you wish to try out this recipe, please try to reduce the sugar amount as we found this cupcake was too sweet..Also place the semi-sweet chocolate piece after you fill to 3/4 full but not half as suggested as i found the chocolate in our cupcake was not at the center.


Warm Molten-Centered Chocolate Cupcakes


Tomorrow i going to attend a Angry Birds cupcake class, with my poor cake decoration skill, I hope it will not turned out like Funny Birds cupcake, hahaha, do come back for my update.



I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) which hosted by Min of Min's Blog.

43 comments:

Tina said...

Mouthwatering cupcakes...

Unknown said...

Great job for a first-timer! well done and look forward to more baking from your girl

Li Shuan said...

Great job! Your daughter started to follow your passion. You will have more fun spending time baking with her from now on.

Enjoy your cake decoration class!

Cuisine Paradise said...

drool!!!! Chocolate and some more oozing chocolate...omg!!! Can i have two pls :p

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Nice chocolate cupcake from your daughter! Enjoy your baking class!

ann low said...

Well done!! I also want one for my tea time.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Sonia, tell your daughter that her cup cakes look better than those sold in the shops. She has great potential to become a professional baker. Tell her Quay Po Aunty gives her two thumbs up!!

Ana Regalado said...

That looks great ! A budding baker indeed ;) Her cupcakes looks much much better than mine :D Good job , mini Sonia ;)

Wawa said...

Chocolate melting inside?sounds yummy and looks yummier!I've got to try this!

chow and chatter said...

these look wonderful and its so great that she is baking with u

Radhika said...

Takes after her mother, I see. Loved the cup cakes and her effort Sonia. Hug her for me.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Got reserve for me? lol

Little blue said...

Can I take away this cupcake for my tea?? So nice....

sean said...

你宝贝的第一次,
能做的那么好,
妈咪一定功不可没的。
嘻嘻。。。

Saraswathy Balakrishnan said...

Delicious cupcake perfect for the kid's snack box:)

0620 said...

Sonia
I believe in "like mother, like daughter"
your daughter will be a good baker very soon :)

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy ! Great job ! regarding your course tomorrow, as long as it doesn't turn out as ugly bird that's good enough, lol...

Jane Chew said...

Wah! Very good to have a partner now. This really tempted me to put my hands on immediately. Last two days I just did choux again using ur recipe. It was really good! Tq so much for ur kind sharing. You are a great teacher. Learns many things fr ur awesome blog.

Prema said...

wow amazing,like mother like daughter...perfect cup cake.Hugs to her.

Anh said...

yay! Your daughter will become a fine baker!

daphne said...

what a lovely activity to do together!! They look sooo good!!

kitchen flavours said...

The cupcake looks wonderful! You have a pastry chef in the making! :)

cookingvarieties said...

hi sonia, mmmm like mother like daughter.. she is learning fast- sure is your right hand now..
congrats on the delicious looking cup cakes :)

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Sonia,
Regarding the Bake-Along, we will post on 23rd, and there will be a linky where you can link your post to. See you on 23rd! Happy Baking!

Dmarie said...

ooh, those look divine!

Hankerie said...

Sonia, this is absolutely beautiful :)

cikmanggis said...

Tahniah untuk your daughter:)great job.like mother like daughter hehe.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

女儿也开始玩了啊??
太棒了,以后又有多一个人和你分享了:)

Edith said...

I love the dome of this one. Great to hv baking kaki n best is none other than yr girl!!!

J.O said...

看起来美味极了...
参加A.B的装饰杯子蛋糕哦?
期待你的作品(^ ^)

Wendy的记事本 said...

撒上糖霜看起来好有美感哟!

里面再加上巧克力更加诱人哟^^

ChrisAu said...

Drooling over the cupcakes!

Cheah said...

Aha, so your girl is an up and coming baker, like mother like daughter.

Betty Manousos said...

can't get enough of cupcakes!
those look so delicious!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy! This has been on my to-make-list forever. :D

Julie said...

So tempting and delicious..yummy!!

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

How old is your daughter again? Oh no she's already baking! Could you be my baking Sensei too? :-)

My Little Space said...

I'll have to admit I'm such a greedy person. I would love to double up the chocolate in the centre. haha....
Thanks for sharing. Hope you'rehaivng a lovely day.
Kristy

Mary said...

These look great, Sonia. Once again, I love your cupcake wrappers. I need to find some like that here.

lena said...

wow..your daughter baked this?? now you got assistant already!!

Elisabeth said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed that your little daughter made these droolworthy molten chocolate cupcakes. Congratulations, to a new young talented little baker, just like her mom!

Food Processor said...

lovely!!i wanna try it out.you have a wonderful blog,photography is awesome...

Anonymous said...

Very good website you have here but I was wanting
to know if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the
same topics discussed in this article? I'd really love to be a part of community where I can get responses from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Kudos!

Here is my webpage - how to get free money

Blog Widget by LinkWithin