My 1st post in Nov2011 is dedicated to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011). Lets come and enjoy this yummy cupcake!
This cupcake was inspired by a cake demo at the Kenwood counter at HOMEDEC (Home Decoration exhibition) when i was looking for a hand blender. They just add chocolate rice in a normal butter cake, the taste was good and I quickly asked for the recipe. And my husband was suggested me to add banana if i will bake this at home.
Banana and Chocolate rice cupcakes
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
125g butter, room temperature
80g caster sugar
2 large eggs
1/2tsp vanilla extract
100g self-rising flour
80g mashed banana
30g chocolate rice
For the topping-chocolate rice
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Put 10 paper cases in a 12 holes muffin pan.
2. Put the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, and beat together until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg one at a time, combine well.
4. Add in the flour and mashed banana, fold till well combine.
5. Add in chocolate rice, mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.Sprinkle chocolate rice on top.
7. Bake the cupcakes in the oven for 20-25mins, or until risen and firm to the touch.
8. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #13: Enjoy Cupcakes! (November 2011) which hosted by Min of Min's Blog.