My daughter is Korean drama/K-pop super supporter. And now Kimchi also become our family's favourite dish..I saw this Korean Kimchi fried rice in a Korean cookbook that i bought during my trip to Shanghai. I tried and i have served this fried rice many times as my family just love it..
Usually we serve this with a sunny side-up egg, when the runny egg yolk mixed with the fried rice, so flavourful, creamy, spicy and sour, it was so delicious!
Korean Kimchi fried rice
(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
2cups uncooked Japanese short grain rice, cook in a rice cooker
1 onion, chopped
½ yellow pepper, cubed
1 Japanese cucumber, cubed
½ small carrot, chopped
200g chicken breast, cubed (marinate with salt and pepper) , or replaced with minced beef or pork
130g Korean Kimchi, chopped
Chicken stock powder
Japanese cooking wine, optional
1. Heat some oil in a non-stick pan, sauté onion till aroma.
2. Add chicken, stir fry for 1-2mins.
3. Add in pepper, cucumber, carrot, mix well with chicken and sauté for a while.
4. Add in chopped Kimchi and cooked rice, stir fry to mix well
5. Add in seasonings, stir fry to mix well. Last sprinkle some Japanese cooking wine, combine well. Dish out and serve immediately with a sunny side-up egg, Enjoy!!
Wishing all who celebrates, a very Happy Thanksgiving day and Happy Holidays!!