From few trips to Vietnam, learnt that they like to use fresh dill in many of their dishes..
Vietnamese Style Fish with Turmeric & Dill 越式黄姜莳萝叶鱼350g fish, cut into thick slices ( I use Siakap fish fillet)For marinate1 and 1/2tbsp fish sauce1tsp turmeric powder2 cloves garlic, grated1 shallot, gratedA small knob of ginger, grated1tbsp fresh Dill fronds, choppedBlack pepper powder
½ yellow onion, sliced1 large bunch of fresh Dill, without stems ~15g½ red chili, sliced1 spring onion, slicedRoasted peanutsMethod
- Marinate fish with marinate ingredients for 30mins.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, pan fry the fish on both sides until the fish is evenly browned.
- In the same pan, remind a bit oil, sauté onion, spring onion and chili till aroma.
- Add in fried fish and fresh dill, quickly and gently mix well and dish out.
- Garnish with roasted peanuts and more fresh dill.
Recipe reference: refer here, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover