If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, November 16, 2015

Caramelized Palm Sugar Cassava 椰糖木薯


Sorry for my missing in action, just realized that i have not updated my blog for a month. Before you all start to forgot me, i better quickly update my blog, hehehe. I have updated this recipe on my Instagram for quite some time, but i still prefer to keep recipe on my blog for easy checking. The other day when i chatting with my SIL Annie about cassava, she taught me this old way of enjoying cassava, add gula Melaka or palm sugar with cassava, and it was yummy especially with caramelized palm sugar.







Caramelized Palm Sugar Cassava 椰糖木薯

400g Cassava, cut into chunks
2 pandan leaves, knotted
1cup water
1/2cup Palm sugar / Gula Melaka~50g, chopped

Method
1. Arrange cassava in a pot, single layer.
2. Add in water, snip pandan leaves and place them on top of cassava.
3. Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat and put the lid on, and cook till cassava softened but not mushy.
4. When you see left little water on the pot, then add Palm sugar over cassava , continue cook till water almost dries up and Palm sugar Caramelized , you may flip the cassava to coat with syrup.
5. You can serve with Kopi O, enjoy!


Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover

7 comments:

quixotic said...

What is your instagram account?
Thanks

Agnes CF Lee said...

I have not come across any cassava or ubi kaya in the tamu here. we used to steam it and add some sugar or salt. Adding palm sugar will sure add more flavour to it.

Elin Chia said...

Sonia...my grandma used to make this for me when I was young...seeing this makes me drool and brings back sweet memories :) thanks Sonia for sharing the recipe !

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

quixotic, my IG account is sonianll

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this simple recipe. never try this way.. now i know.:)

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I have been browsing many times and had been waiting eagerly for the next recipe to try. Love this recipe. Regards, Vivien

Unknown said...

Pie filling.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin