First need to cook a good pot of vegetarian stock. I opt to add some cashew nuts to give extra nutritious to this curry.
Cooking the vegetables curry
I like to pan fry brinjal instead of adding them into curry, as it give nicer colour and more tasty.
Also i prefer to use homemade basic chili paste
Vegetables Curry 蔬菜咖喱For the vegetarian stock250g cabbage120g carrot35g cashew nuts2lt water
For the ingredients190g cabbage60g carrot1 corn on cob, cut into few pieces130g deep fried tofu sheet50g tofu puff1 tomato3 sprigs of curry leaves2 lemongrass, crushed55g sweet peas100g brinjal, pan fried with oil1cup coconut milk1 and 1/2tbsp basic chili paste (refer recipe here)1tbsp curry powder1 and 1/2tsp salt or to tasteMethod
- To cook the stock. Put all ingredients and water in a big pot, boil over medium flame till you get around 800ml stock. Strain the stock, discard cabbage and carrot but keep the cashew nuts which later add back to the curry.
- Put stock in a big wok, bring to boil, add in cabbage, corn, carrot, curry leaves and lemongrass, boil for 10mins or cabbage turned soft.
- Add in tomato, curry powder, tofu sheet and tofu puff, boil another 5-10mins or tofu puff turned soft.
- Add in basic chili paste, coconut milk, season with salt, bring to boil and cook for 1-2mins.
- Last add in cooked cashew nuts and sweet peas, cook another 1-2mins. Dish out and arrange fried brinjal on top and serve with rice.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover