The hidden butter tasted buttery and salty, nice! Next time will try to replace with cheese, must be yummy too.
Butter bread rolls 咸奶油面包卷*makes 8 rollsBread ingredients220g bread flour or high protein flour ( I use Japanese bread flour)30g cake flour or low protein flour (I use Japanese cake flour)1/2tsp +1/4tsp instant yeast1/2tsp fine salt15g caster sugar100g fresh milk (cold from fridge)70g water20g unsalted butter,room temp.Filling40g butter (salted), divide into 8 portionsEgg wash-egg yolk + milk , or just milk onlyMethod
- Mix all ingredients except butter in a mixer, knead till smooth.
- Add in butter, continue knead till elastic and smooth. Cover and keep aside to rise till doubles.
- Equally divide the dough into 8 portions, roll into ball, and rest for 10mins.
- Take a dough, roll one end to become like pear shape, use a rolling pin, roll like a triangle.
- Place a piece of butter at the base, then starting from the base and roll up towards the tip, slightly bend the two ends to look like croissant shape.
- Place it on line baking pan, cover and let it proof till doubles.
- Apply egg wash then bake at pre-heated oven at 200C for 15mins or till golden brown.
Reference here, recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover