If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry

Last weekend I went back to my hometown to attend my cousin's wedding dinner. A party was held at his house before the wedding day, and this mixed vegetables, stingray and cockles curry was served in the party, it bring back my childhood memory. This is a common curry served in the party in my kampung (hometown) since my kampung is a small fishing village, fresh fish and cockles are easy to be found here.

Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry





Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry
Ingredients
500g Stingray, cut into bite-size
300g fresh cockles (Xi Ham), blanch in hot water, removed shells
Half cabbage
Long bean, cut into 2” in length
Cauliflower, cut into bite-size
6 tofu puff, cut into bite-size
1 potato, cut into bite-size
1 carrot, cut into bite-size
3 sprig curry leaves
2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
100ml coconut milk
1000ml water
Cooking oil

2tsp salt or to taste
1tbsp light soy sauce

Curry paste (mix together to form a paste)2tbsp fish curry powder
2tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp chilli paste
3tbsp water

Blend these ingredients1 Big onion
4 shallots
4 cloves garlic
1” ginger
1 stalks lemongrass

Method
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté the blended ingredients, curry paste, lemongrass and curry leaves until fragrant.
2. Pour in water and bring to boil.
3. Add in potato, carrot, cauliflower, tofu puff and cabbage, simmer till soft and cooked.
4. Add in long bean, stingray and coconut milk, continue cook.
5. Season with salt and light soy sauce, adjust the taste accordingly.
6. Add in cockles and turn off the heat immediately (not to over cooked the cockles)
7. Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.

Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry


Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry
Happy Cooking !!

38 comments:

cikmanggis said...

satu lagi resepi yang baru ni...tak pernah makan,pasti nak cuba :)Thanks

Bakericious said...

I love curry, this is so delicious.

3 hungry tummies said...

welcome back Sonia. Glad to know you had a little break.... very delicious looking curry and I wish I have some cockles for my laksa lol

My Little Space said...

Sonia, great to see you back cooking again! This is such interesting combo. The cockles must be so tasty. I think I prefer the stingray more! haha.... More meat mah! Slurp... Thanks for sharing such special recipe & enjoy your evening.
Cheers, Kristy

ann low said...

Hi Sonia, nice to see you back. I love to have this mixed vegetables curry all by myself ;))

Prema said...

hi sonai,

Very interesting curry,luks very tempting...

MaryMoh said...

Lovely curry. I love stingray curry but can't get here. Have to substitute with other fish.

Anonymous said...

very nice curry there..i like curry with a lot of vege =]

ICook4Fun said...

I love this type of fish curry but first time seeing 'see ham' added to it. Great idea but too bad I can't get fresh see ham here.

Diane said...

So glad you are back cooking again. This looks like a wonderful feast to me. Diane

WendyinKK said...

I like cockles, but cockles dun like me.
It's my "trick" to skip school when I was still schooling, just consume cockles the day before, and I'll get MC the next day.

busygran said...

Just this dish will suffice! It's got everything - veggie and protein and just a plate of rice to complete the set!
Welcome back to blogging!

美牙 said...

hello...
i love curry with cockles...tasty dish

Angie's Recipes said...

The curry dish looks very appetizing.

Jeannie said...

That looks like the curry my mom would cook for us when we were young too! Good times those young days...:)THanks for sharing.

Jane Chew said...

oh no! xi ham! i love it so much.

Radhika said...

Gorgeous curry. It looks inviting.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yummy curry!

YHL said...

Yes, Sonia is back... Life still have to go on . Love the curry, should try one day

Kitchen Corner said...

Oh I love curry no matter is vege curry, chicken curry or anything. I would love it. This one looks very appetizing to me!

Love2cook Malaysia said...

Hi Sonia, hru doing? Had fun at Surfers Paradise! WOW, lovely pics ya!!! :D

Hey, this curry is completely new to me...looks sooo inviting! No wonder U liked it alot...;)

Abt the ramekins..it's currently out of stock in Tesco Klang. I checked every visit. Priced ard rm30+ ya. Sorry can't really remember the figure. hehe ;)

Angel @ Cook.Bake.Love said...

We also have mixed veggie and stingray at home but never thought of adding cockles.

With all these goodies, the curry must taste really sweet and fragrant.

quixotic said...

Oh... xi ham is sooo very ho chiak
they don't have them in the states...haven't even found frozen ones...
now can only 'lau chui nuar'

tigerfish said...

I don't think I have had stingray and cockles in a vegetable curry like that.

Meldylocks and Her Three Bears said...

Vege curry is normal...but plus stingray? That's quite different! And yours's with so much ingredients!!

Swee San said...

Hi Sonia, good to see you back.
Please update my blog food to http://thesweetspot.com.my/?feed=rss2
to receive latest post updates :)

HK Choo said...

This combo of curry is very interesting, yummy indeed despite me just had dinner. :D

chow and chatter said...

great curry and I am so sorry about your sisters loss love ya hugs rebecca

Honey Bee Sweets said...

I love stingray in curry or something spicy... Your vege curry with stingray looks very good! Will try it out when I see any fresh stingray on sale. :)

Carrie Tai said...

thanks for sharing the recipe :)

I wanna try it one day! Vege curry is so healthy!

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Mmm, I love stingray!

Namitha said...

Thta's a delicious curry...Good to see you back after a while..Hope everything is fine with you

Bakeling said...

I like this dish ,especially the cockles ,but afraid of hepatitis !

Cocina Savant said...

This looks absolutely delicious. It would have been hard for me to photograph it before I took a few bites. I have been wanting to find stingray and this give me the perfect excuse.

daphne said...

good to have u back! Certainly I love how u managed to make it a "All in one" dish!! With heaps of veges too!

Noob Cook said...

I never had curry with stingray and cockles but it sure looked good!

petite nyonya said...

wow this looks super delicious! with kerang and stingray..this is heavenly! anyway, i wish for your sister and everyone in your fmly peace & strength after what you all went through.

currys discount vouchers said...

Its just superb and delicious dish that you have made from mixing few dish and taste. It seems very yummy and tasty that is why I have decided to make it very soon. Cookies are really yummy but I do not know that cookies and curry makes good combination.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin