Last weekend I went back to my hometown to attend my cousin's wedding dinner. A party was held at his house before the wedding day, and this mixed vegetables, stingray and cockles curry was served in the party, it bring back my childhood memory. This is a common curry served in the party in my kampung (hometown) since my kampung is a small fishing village, fresh fish and cockles are easy to be found here.
Mixed vegetables, Stingray and cockles Curry
500g Stingray, cut into bite-size
300g fresh cockles (Xi Ham), blanch in hot water, removed shells
Long bean, cut into 2” in length
Cauliflower, cut into bite-size
6 tofu puff, cut into bite-size
1 potato, cut into bite-size
1 carrot, cut into bite-size
3 sprig curry leaves
2 stalks lemongrass, smashed
100ml coconut milk
2tsp salt or to taste
1tbsp light soy sauce
Curry paste (mix together to form a paste)2tbsp fish curry powder
2tsp turmeric powder
1tbsp chilli paste
Blend these ingredients1 Big onion
4 cloves garlic
1 stalks lemongrass
1. Heat oil in a wok, sauté the blended ingredients, curry paste, lemongrass and curry leaves until fragrant.
2. Pour in water and bring to boil.
3. Add in potato, carrot, cauliflower, tofu puff and cabbage, simmer till soft and cooked.
4. Add in long bean, stingray and coconut milk, continue cook.
5. Season with salt and light soy sauce, adjust the taste accordingly.
6. Add in cockles and turn off the heat immediately (not to over cooked the cockles)
7. Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.
Happy Cooking !!