My kids like to eat this kind of cheese bread stick bought from outside bakery shops, i just try imitated and baked it at home, I was using my favourite soft bread recipe-au Lait bread, resulted a soft and sweet bread sticks, simply good !!
Parmesan cheese au Lait bread sticks
300g High protein flour
40g caster sugar
½ tsp salt
160ml cold milk
1 egg white
1 tsp yeast
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Mix A, B, C in a mixing bowl, knead till a soft dough.
2. Add in D, knead till elastic. (The dough is quite sticky, don't tend to add more flour !!)
4. Cover and rest for 60mins.
5. Slightly knead the dough again and rest for another 15mins.
6. Roll out dough on a floured board, cut into long strips, and roll into ropes shaped, further rest for 15mins.
7. Apply egg wash and sprinkle sugar and Parmesan cheese
7. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 15mins.
Happy Baking !!