This marble chocolate banana cake was created not intentionally, thought to make a banana cake, while preparing, just remember kids like chocolate chips so I added some. Before pouring into cake tin, suddenly just think why not make it marble effect, so added one portion with cocoa powder and it came out with this moist and yummy marble banana cake. This was also the 1st time i noticed my son Desmond eat more than one piece as normally he doesn't fancy on cakes.
The taste is almost similar like the earlier chocolate banana muffin.
Marble Chocolate Banana Cake
*makes 1 round 7” aluminium tin
2 eggs (large)
160g cake flour
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1tsp of double action baking powder
180g mashed banana
1tbsp cocoa powder
3tbsp chocolate chips
1. Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Beat butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, add in vanilla, mixing well.
4. Fold in flour, mashed banana and chocolate chips, combine well.
5. Divide cake mixture into 2 portions, add cocoa powder into 1 portion.
6. Pour cake mixture into cake tin and make marble effect.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 45mins or skewer come out clean.
Happy Baking !!