My son Desmond has been asking me to prepare white spaghetti(he doesn't know the name) for him after he tried Spaghetti Carbonara at a Italian restaurant recently. Basically I know the ingredients for this spaghetti but still google for a recipe for reference.
Cook beef bacon and onion till crispy and golden, the onion is sweet as honey.
Each of my kid get one good egg yolk...
( recipe soure: adapted from here)
100g beef bacon
1 yellow onion, chopped
** Saute bacon and chopped onion with 1tbsp Olive oil over medium flame till bacon becomes crispy and golden and onion translucent. Set aside.
Serve for one person:-
70g Spaghetti , or more to your preference
1 egg yolk
30g Heavy cream, or more to your preference
A dash of black pepper powder
A dash of sea salt
1. Boil spaghetti in hot boiling water (add some salt) according to packing instruction.
2. While boiling spaghetti, crack an egg yolk in a mixing bowl, mix in black pepper powder and salt.
3. Pour in heavy cream, use a fork and whip it well.
4. Once spaghetti cooked, pour the egg mixture into the drained pasta while furiously tossing the pasta so the eggs don't scramble ( use spaghetti’s residual heat to cook the egg)
5. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and toss well, add in bacon and onion mixture.
6. Garnish with parsley flakes, serve hot.