If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Spaghetti Carbonara

Spaghetti Carbonara
My son Desmond has been asking me to prepare white spaghetti(he doesn't know the name) for him after he tried Spaghetti Carbonara at a Italian restaurant recently. Basically I know the ingredients for this spaghetti but still google for a recipe for reference.
















Cook beef bacon and onion till crispy and golden, the onion is sweet as honey.



Spaghetti Carbonara


Each of my kid get one good egg yolk...

Spaghetti Carbonara




Spaghetti Carbonara


Spaghetti Carbonara
( recipe soure: adapted from here)


100g beef bacon
1 yellow onion, chopped
** Saute bacon and chopped onion with 1tbsp Olive oil over medium flame till bacon becomes crispy and golden and onion translucent. Set aside.

Serve for one person:-

70g Spaghetti , or more to your preference

1 egg yolk
30g Heavy cream, or more to your preference
A dash of black pepper powder
A dash of sea salt
Parmesan cheese
Parsley flakes

Method
1. Boil spaghetti in hot boiling water (add some salt) according to packing instruction.
2. While boiling spaghetti, crack an egg yolk in a mixing bowl, mix in black pepper powder and salt.
3. Pour in heavy cream, use a fork and whip it well.
4. Once spaghetti cooked, pour the egg mixture into the drained pasta while furiously tossing the pasta so the eggs don't scramble ( use spaghetti’s residual heat to cook the egg)
5. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and toss well, add in bacon and onion mixture.
6. Garnish with parsley flakes, serve hot.

Spaghetti Carbonara



30 comments:

kitchen queen said...

yummy and delicious spaghetti.

Yat Maria said...

Seriously mouthwatering la...

Fantastic photo! :)

Unknown said...

looks delicious!...i like!..:)

Simplyfood said...

Lokks really healthy and tasty awesome click.

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Simple yet divine. :) love the bacon bits on top!

Diane said...

That sounds really good and very easy. Yummy Diane

My Little Space said...

My boy also like having spaghetti alot. Any version from Asian to Western style. haha.... Yours look so creamy mouthwatering. Thanks. Hope you're having a lovely evening.
Kristy

Little Inbox said...

The bacon can boost up the flavor. I seldom cook spaghetti in carbonara, but that is my hubby's favorite.

ReeseKitchen said...

Hey Sonia, your photos always make me hungry!! Haha! This is my little gilr's favourite!

ICook4Fun said...

This is our fav pasta. Simple and easy to make. We normally don't add cream to it. Just pancetta, yolks, lot of parmesan cheese and black pepper.

WendyinKK said...

My hubby's fav.
I have a carbonara and another with cream sauce on my blog if you are looking for more recipes.

Quay Po Cooks said...

You just told me you wanted to make this last Saturday and here it is. Looks great and I am sure Desmond is a happy boy. We love pasta prepared all variation. One of our favorite is Aglio Olio. I love mine with lots of garlic and chilly padi.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

这个太合我胃口了,外面都卖好贵,还是自己来好了^^

ann low said...

I prefer pasta with white sauce and this looks so comforting and delicious :)

divya said...

That looks fantastic, yum yum

j3ss kitch3n said...

this is truly whetting my appetites! can i have a serving please!

lena said...

simple, easy and i believe this taste very good as it looks!!

chow and chatter said...

this is on my list of recipes to make looks wonderful

tigerfish said...

I prefer tomato-based sauce but once in a while, carbonara is good!

daphne said...

I rarely take creamy pasta but if i do, i love carbonara with its eggy and creamy taste.

苏联妈妈 said...

i would like to learn to cook this one cos my little one love spaghetti as well.

Victor said...

I love carbonara with a splash of white wine. It would taste even better.

Pete said...

Love it with lots of bacon! LOL!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Have finish my lunch, but still hungry after seeing it... hehe...

The Sudden Cook said...

My husband loves carbonara. Gonna make this next week. We love to make it with linguine.

Elin Chia said...

Sonia...I am sure Desmond loves this homecook ones that you made for him...better than those from the italian restaurant :)

Peasblog said...

you have a beautiful blog!!

buy rift account said...

WoW! looks so delicious. .super love this. .want to try this one. =)

Anonymous said...

Sorry, i am such an anal person when it comes to pasta, there should not be CREAM in your carbonara cooking! No Italian would approve that. :p the creaminess/thickness of the sauce is made by mixing in raw eggs while it's hot (but not cooking the egg).

Unknown said...

Mmm. Just followed your recipe for lunch. I'm a happy girl. Thanks.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin