I heard there is a bakery shop in Malacca selling this famous Mille crepes but I have never try it. I just did this cake yesterday, no difficult steps but you need some time to make this. I waited 48hrs then only can enjoy this cake..
I was lucky as this cake came out perfect even is my 1st time did it...also I followed to a good recipe.
This cake is so refreshing and good, I will make this again and again, maybe with difference flavours..
Mango Mille Crepe
*make 2 x 7” cake, about 22 crepes per Mille crepe cake (recipe source: adapted from ahmok with minor changes)
Recipe For the mango cream
300g non-dairy whipping cream
300g fresh mango puree
5tbsp mango concentrated
1tbsp lemon juice
1. In a mixing bowl, beat whipping cream on high speed until thick and stiff.
2. Add in the rest of ingredients, combine well and chill in the refrigerator.
For the crepes
1000ml full cream milk
300g all purpose flour
90g melted butter
1. Lightly whisk eggs, add in milk and melted butter, sift in flour and combine well.
2.Strain and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, this allows the gluten in the flour a chance to relax.
3. Place a 7-inch nonstick pan over low heat.
4. Add a ladle of crepe batter and quickly tilt the pan to coat the entire surface evenly in a thin layer and pour the excess of batter.
5. While cooking, trim off the excess crepe at the area where the batter was pour out.
6. Cook only one side until golden (less than 1min) and remove crepe by lifting it by the edges.
7. Continue cooking the rest of the crepes, stacking up the crepes as you work.
To assemble Mille Crepe
1. Using a spatula or pastry scraper, spread a thin layer of mango cream on the first crepe.
2. Repeat the layers to make a stack of 20-22.
3. Chill for overnight. Serve cold.
4. Dust the top with icing sugar and decorate with mango slices, if desired. Enjoy!
My tip to get a thin crepe, please see steps 4 and 5....