When i first see this Tofu chiffon recipe, i just curious how it would taste.
Main ingredients- soy milk and mashed tofu
This tofu chiffon is rather soft and moist, not too sweet, creamy, and smooth as tofu!! But you can't really taste the tofu...
( recipe source : adapted from The Kitchen's 70)
*makes a 18cm chiffon
3 egg yolks
40g corn oil
80g tofu, mashed (discard water)
40g soy milk (unsweetened)
75g cake flour
3 egg whites
Poppy seeds, optional
1. Cream ingredient (A) till change pale and creamy.
2. Add in ingredient (B), mix well.
3. Fold in ingredient (C) and mix till no lumps, set aside.
4. Beat egg whites in a clean large bowl until soft foam. Gradually add in sugar, one tablespoon at a time and mix well.
5. Gently fold in egg whites mixture into the egg yolk mixture, until well combined
6. Bake at preheated oven at 170c for 45 minutes (adjust when necessary, depend on your type of oven)
7. Invert the cooked cake immediately on a wire rack until it's completely cool before remove the cake from cake pan
**My husband asked me to increase sugar if next time i bake again as this chiffon is a bit plain for his taste bud.
Happy Baking !!