This is so crispy and yummy while it is still hot..after cooled, not so crispy anymore, I guess anything fried foods you have to consume it while hot..
How to make prawn stayed straight after deep fried
Steps of wrapping..
Deep fried Spring Roll Prawns(recipe source: by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover)
20 large prawns, shelled (retain the tail) and veined, wash and pat dry
1tsp light soy sauce1/2tsp sesame oil
1tsp tapioca flour
20 spring roll wrappersCoriander leaves
Glue to seal the wrapper
1tbsp plain flour1 and 1/2tbsp water
sweet chili dipping sauce, for dipping
- Make a couple of slits at the bottom and top and try to bend it backwards to make it straight.
- Marinate prawns with all seasonings for 30mins.
- Mix flour and water to become a batter, set aside.
- Take a spring roll wrapper, put a prawn, fold it over, place a coriander leaf, fold and roll it up, seal with batter. Continue with the rest till finished.
- Deep fry prawns over medium low heat till golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.