This Wei Bo bread have to prepare sponge dough first, but don't need to wait for overnight. After first prove, then can be used to add with other ingredients then do 2nd prove.
I have altered the original recipe:-
1. Replace milk powder with milk - I can't find milk powder in my pantry anymore since I have no baby drinking milk ^_^.
2. Replace brown sugar with white sugar- because I can't find in my pantry.
3. Reduce instant yeast amount
4. Reduce butter amount
I also cut short the steps by omit the resting time.
Once the 2nd dough was ready (after knead and no rest), I straight away started to roll into small ball then roll up like swiss roll. Once finished, I didn't rest the dough, straight away roll up 2nd time.
This was 2nd time roll up. Once done, place this cute little swiss roll dough on a baking tray to prove.
I really like to see them after roll up, look so cute ..
Micro butter buns (Wei Bo buns) 微波面包*makes 24buns
A)400g High protein flour or bread flour6g instant yeast (1 and 1/2tsp )115g eggs ( 2 A size eggs)120g milk
B)130g High protein flour or bread flour80g sugar1/4tsp fine salt50g water60g butter, room temperature
Egg wash-1 egg + 1tbsp milk
- Mix all ingredients (A) in a mixing bowl and knead to form a dough.
- Cover with cling wrap or cloth, and leave to prove until double size.
- Add in ingredients (B) in a mixing bowl, tear dough (A) into small pieces and add into mixing bowl. Knead to form a smooth dough.
- Add in butter continue to knead till dough is smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 40g each, roll into ball, repeat the rest till finished.
- Take a ball (start from the first ball), roll out into long rectangle shape, then roll in tightly like a swiss roll, keep aside to rest, repeat the rest till finished.
- Take a swiss roll dough (start from the first swiss roll dough), roll out into long rectangle shape, then roll in tightly like a swiss roll.
- Arrange the dough into a baking tray, leave to prove for 50mins.
- Brush with egg wash, bake at a pre-heated oven at 170C for 15-20mins or until golden brown.Recipe adapted from Siew Hwei with minor changes, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover