If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Taiping, Perak 2013 (Part 1)_Cuti-Cuti Malaysia 太平自游行


We went to Taiping on last August 2013, can you imagine it took me so long to update this travel post ^_^..Anyway, from now onwards, I will update these travel posts from time to time. This picture was taken at Taping Lake Garden.

First, we stopped by Ipoh for the famous Yong Tau Foo at Pasir Pinji Big Tree Foot (Dai Shu Geok) before heading to Taiping. You can read more review at Motormouth from Ipoh. (one of the blog that featured more on Ipoh foods)



 
Sar Kok Liew (yambean fritters), one of the must try item. If you want a recipe, you can check my post here.

 
You can order some noodles to go with these Char Liew (fried stuffs) or Yong Tau Foo (vegetable stuffed with fish paste)


 Then we check in at Sentosa Villa , quite a nice place..







 
 Also went to Taiping Lake garden

 
Dinner taken at the hawker stalls, foods were just ok..




 
At night, we went to Taiping Night Safari 


 
Kids were having fun there, but I told them that I didn't see many animals as inside was so dark, LOL!
 
The next morning, we went to this shop to take Kuoy Teow soup (flat rice noodles) , taste were just ok..

 
Restaurant Kakak Kuoy Teow soup

 
We also went to Perak Muzuem 

 
I saw these nice old-fashioned plates with black flower printing, so special..






 
Opposite of this musuem is Taiping Jail

 Before heading to Kuala Sepetang- Matang Mangrove Forest, we also stopped by a charcoal factory.
 
 
But we didn't get inside because it was too smoky..
 

 







This place is so nice and calm, remind me of the Bamboo forest at Kyoto 






 
when my son Desmond was upset ^_^ (forgot what reason he was upset at that time)

 wild lizard

 
baby mud crabs..
 

We took lunch at a Seafood restaurant Kang Kao十八丁港口海鲜楼


 
Every seafood that we ordered were so fresh and good!



 
Nice view while enjoying our lunch..




 
sun bath the salted fishes..

23 comments:

Somewhere in Singapore said...

See your pictures make me wanna dash there and also look for Angeline, hehe...

Joceline Lor said...

非常熟悉的画面。赞!
哈哈哈。。。。

QembarDelites said...

My hometown! Hv not been back for years yet the places still hv not changed!

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Sonia, thought that you went to Taiping again. So can u find those plates ( showed in the museum)in pasar? The prawn dish looks very delicious in the fishing village

nandoos kitchen said...

Nice clicks dear..

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

好详细有趣的分。:)

Esther Lau said...

Taiping is a nice place with lots of good food. Love to be there again :)

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , that is one gorgeous place ! And the food ?! Just drool-worthy :D Maybe Desmond was just hungry at that time lol

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

马来西亚真的很漂亮,食物又好吃:)

Li Shuan said...

cuti cuti Malaysia 好像也另有一番风味。谢谢分享

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Nice view + yummy food :)

mettateoh said...

My hometown too. My mother and brothers are staying there so I go back there often. Delicious cheap food but you must know when and where to look for them. You should see/buy/try the nyonya kuih at the Casual Market. Sold in the market. Buy from the right stall...you will know which one because there will be a crowd there. The Jawa Mee there is also nice. This is just one example. And the oh chien (fried oyster)...delicious. Too many good food to name and that is just one place only.

Unknown said...

This is my hometown.... you went to so many awesome places around Taiping eh? One night stay definitely not enough. Probably takes 2 night here...Then slowly explore some authentic nice food here....

Unknown said...

Sharon from Somewhere in Singapore! No worry I can bring you to those places...So when are you coming? I'm waiting.

Mummy2311 said...

Looks interesting and a peaceful place, yummy food too... I have not been to Perak, must visit one day! =)

chow and chatter said...

looks stunning grew post, no worries on posting late enjoyed it :-)

Kimmy said...

My colleagues always thought I'm from Taiping cos' I must stopped at this town whenever I'm on the way back from KL. Nope, I love visiting this place [many relatives here]. Nice place and can find many 'traditional' food here too.

Honey said...

Hi,

What a wonderful trip you had! I was born in Semanggol Perak. My last visit at Taping Lake Garden was 10 years ago! How I miss that place..

I wish that I could give a visit to the places as mentioned above one fine day.

Honey.

Victoria Bakes said...

nice flora & fauna.... that bowl of mee tai mak... makes me miss my childhood again.. wonder if you will consider making some homemade mee tai mak? then i can make it myself :)

MiChi said...

very nice photographs...

lena said...

hi sonia, my friend was asking me t bring him to the charcoal factory to visit..hehe..told him i dont know anything about the charcoal factory..but might still go one day. btw, you asked about my vietnam trip. i followed a group of photographers friends to that trip.

Choi Yen said...

I stayed at Sentosa Villa, went to Taiping Zoo (daytime) and had lunch at Kuala Sepetang (same restaurant as you) too on my previous Taiping trip :P

mui mui said...

Ah Chi,
Your cuti-cuti Malaysia trips are always so fun.
Lots of yummy food and lots of attractive places to see and explore.
Thanks for sharing!
mui

Blog Widget by LinkWithin