If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, March 17, 2014

Puff Pastry with Homemade Blueberries jam 蓝莓果醬酥


I bought a pack of puff pastry few months back, but now I totally forgot what actually I was planning to make at that time. Before the pastry getting expired, I have to quickly use it. First I tried this puff pastry with homemade blueberries jam. And today I use it to make pork and fennel puff rolls (picture posted in my Instagram account).



 
 

 
Making own blueberries jam, it was so fresh and good!


 
This was my first time using Pampas brand of puff pastry. They come with bigger size, so it is flexible to make into any size. And i found this pastry is less greasy. And I learnt this method of folding pastry from a cookbook that I have.

 
My family appreciate this puff a lot!!



Puff Pastry with Homemade Blueberries jam 蓝莓果醬酥
*makes 9 pastries

To make blueberries jam
150g fresh blueberries
55g caster sugar
3tbsp water
1tbsp lemon juices

Method

  1. Add blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan. Cook and keep stirring until blueberries is cooked.
  2. Add in lemon juices and stir well. Cook it before store in a glass container.
To shape the puff pastry

  1. Place a 9”x9” puff pastry sheet, on a lightly floured table top.
  2. Use a pizza cutter, equally divide into 9pcs (3”x3”). Carefully fold the pastry in half on the diagonal, creating a triangle.
  3. Use a scissor, cut 1cm from the edge of the both sides of the turnover part but not cut till the end, leave it attached.
  4. Place the pastry on a lined baking tray. Egg wash the whole pastry, then fold one side of the cutting edges through the other and lightly pressed. Repeat another side.
  5. Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-25muns or until golden brown.
  6. Cool on a wire rack. Spoon homemade blueberries jam at the centre of the pastry and enjoy!
Shaping method adapted from cookbook meishilife, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover



25 comments:

Victoria Bakes said...

homemade blueberry jam! what can beat that! we always think about orange marmalade, strawberry jam, but never the blueberry jam..... thanks for the recipe Sonia

nandoos kitchen said...

This looks very yumm especially the blueberry jam.. Love it..

ann low said...

Good to make own jam at home. Fresh and delicious!

0620 said...

Homemade jam more healthy and no preservative, Super Like!!

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Have not tried making jam myself before...

Mel said...

Me too, I appreciate this type of puff lots and lots !

Angie's Recipes said...

Quick and easy to make. The homemade blueberry jam is the star here.

Fion said...

The puff with blueberry jam looks really yummy!

小食代 said...

Easy but delicious of homemade~~

Cecilia Yap said...

I am so in love with blueberries recently so I will try to make this jam too..

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

赞啊,你真的什么都会做:)

Unknown said...

Lovely homemade blueberry jam....... !!

Li Shuan said...

Homemade 果酱最好吃! 我来打包宵夜!

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

哎哟,我肚子饿了。。

Aunty Young(安迪漾) said...

把它收进果酱食谱里头,有机会我也来试一试。

Elin Chia said...

Sonia, I would love it too :) simple to make espcially if you buy the ready puff pastry. Thanks for showing how to make the cute pastry shape :)

PH said...

Very nice blueberry pastry! I must try to make the jam myself too.

Small Kucing said...

Mmmm.....yummy...feeling hungry from looking at this

Jessie-CookingMoments said...

Oh dear, left a message but lost becoz I didn't put the verification. Your homemade jam looks great. Good idea to go with puff pastry. In here, I only use Pampas brand.

Ana Regalado said...

Er I bought a bottle of blueberry jam last week lol These blueberry pastries look delish ! And gorgeous shots as always !

Unknown said...

Love the jam filling in the pastries. I think the pork version would be just as good.

mui mui said...

Chi,
It is so good to have homemade jam.
More flavor and no additives at all.
mui

Koo Shin said...

Looks yummy... May I know where to get ready puff pastry?

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Koo Shin, you can get it at Tesco and buy the Pampas brand.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sonia,
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I have cooked the jam and it's yummy ! May I know how long can the jam keep in the fridge as I intend to cook a bigger portion next round. ;)
Thanks
Anna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin