I bought a pack of puff pastry few months back, but now I totally forgot what actually I was planning to make at that time. Before the pastry getting expired, I have to quickly use it. First I tried this puff pastry with homemade blueberries jam. And today I use it to make pork and fennel puff rolls (picture posted in my Instagram account).
Making own blueberries jam, it was so fresh and good!
This was my first time using Pampas brand of puff pastry. They come with bigger size, so it is flexible to make into any size. And i found this pastry is less greasy. And I learnt this method of folding pastry from a cookbook that I have.
My family appreciate this puff a lot!!
Puff Pastry with Homemade Blueberries jam 蓝莓果醬酥*makes 9 pastries
To make blueberries jam150g fresh blueberries
55g caster sugar
1tbsp lemon juices
- Add blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan. Cook and keep stirring until blueberries is cooked.
- Add in lemon juices and stir well. Cook it before store in a glass container.To shape the puff pastry
- Place a 9”x9” puff pastry sheet, on a lightly floured table top.
- Use a pizza cutter, equally divide into 9pcs (3”x3”). Carefully fold the pastry in half on the diagonal, creating a triangle.
- Use a scissor, cut 1cm from the edge of the both sides of the turnover part but not cut till the end, leave it attached.
- Place the pastry on a lined baking tray. Egg wash the whole pastry, then fold one side of the cutting edges through the other and lightly pressed. Repeat another side.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 180C for 20-25muns or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Spoon homemade blueberries jam at the centre of the pastry and enjoy!Shaping method adapted from cookbook meishilife, by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover