Usually I prefer to cook simple and quick dish during lunch time, example Chinese fried noodles, fried rice, pasta and etc. One of them is this Spanish Tortilla, which only need few ingredients. The taste is great with sweet onions and nice egg aroma.
How to prepare..
Spanish Tortilla 西班牙烘蛋*serve 3-4 pax
1 yellow onion (medium), slices
2 medium US Russet potatoes, slice into 0.1cm (I use mandoline)
Egg mixture ingredients4 large eggs
4tbsp UHT whipping cream (heavy cream)
1tbsp Parmesan cheese powder
freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven at 190C.
- Mix egg ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir to well combine, set aside.
- Use a baking pan or cast iron dish (which can be used for baking and cooking), drizzle olive oil, heat it up. Switch off the heat before add in onion slices.
- Arrange potato slices then pour in egg mixture, give a gentle shake to let egg mixture evenly distributed. Then heat it up over medium heat for 1-2mins or until you smell nice onion aroma.
- Transfer baking pan to oven and bake for 30mins or until golden brown.
- Invert the Tortilla, then slice and serve with sausages and salad (or your choice), enjoy!Cookbook reference: café Brunch and Winnie, re-twist by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover