I save two of the Parisian brioche that I made the other day, so I can use them for making this bread pudding. It was buttery and milky while I was enjoying this pudding while hot.
Anyway, I can only made two of this as my family not so keen on milky pudding..
I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up (May 2014: Milk) hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery HouseBrioche bread pudding 布里歐修麵包布丁2 Parisian brioche, refer recipe here230ml milk45g sugar2 eggs (lightly beaten)1/2tsp vanilla extractRaisins and/or nuts of your choice
- Tear the brioche into small pieces and put in ramekin. Top with raisins.
- Add milk, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan, heat up milk till sugar dissolved, half-boiled.
- Pour the warm milk over the eggs and continue beating until all the milk is added.
- Strain the egg mixture equally into the ramekins and evenly over the bread until all the liquid is added. Press the bread down into the custard and set it aside for about 5mins to allow the bread to absorb the custard.
- Set the ramekins inside a larger baking pan. Pour about 1 inch of hot water into the larger baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top becomes golden brown and the custard set. Serve while hot.Recipe adapted from Chef and Sommelier with minor changes