I find the white topping turned a bit hard after cooled down..you may omit it..
Purple Sweet Potato Hot Cross Buns 紫薯面包
For the bread75g mashed purple sweet potato250g High protein flour or bread flour30g caster sugar25g sweetened condensed full cream milk1tsp instant yeast120g milk1/4tsp fine salt25 unsalted butter
For topping40g high protein flour55g milk10g caster sugar
- Mix all bread ingredients in a mixing bowl except butter, mix till smooth.
- Add in butter, knead till elastic and shining dough. Set aside to rise for 1hr.
- Equally divide into 9 portions, roll into round ball, baking on baking tray (9"x9"). Set aside to rise about 30mins.
- Mix topping ingredients till smooth paste, fill in a piping bag, draw lines on top of the bread.
- Bake at pre-heated oven 180C for 20mins.
Recipe by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover