Frankly, after updating my blog for so many years, I started to feel lazy to keep up the same pace like last time. And seeing many of my blogger friends slowly quit the blogging world, I feel a bit lonely here....maybe I need to take a break from blogging one day..
Back to this post, I bought a 500g of cream cheese the other day due to better price if buy more. After use half to make a Japanese cotton cheesecake for my mother's Birthday. I have to search for a nice recipe to use the leftover, and found this old recipe.
I filled up the batter too much (over explored after baked), next time have to fill about 60% full..
Chocolate and Cream cheese, they go well very together, thumbs up!
Wacky cheese cupcakes 巧克力芝士小蛋糕*makes 9 muffin cases (55mm diameter)
Chocolate Cupcakes100g all purpose flour70g granulated white sugar15g unsweetened cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona cocoa powder)1/2tsp baking soda
1/4tsp fine salt120g water40g corn oil1tsp white vinegar
Cream Cheese Filling125g cream cheese at room temperature30g granulated white sugar1tbsp lemon juice
1. For cream cheese filling, with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
2. Add the sugar n lemon juice and beat until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. in a separate bowl mix in water, oil, vinegar.
5. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until nice and smooth.
6. Divide the batter evenly among the 9 muffin cups. Then spoon a few tablespoons of the cream cheese filling into the center of each cupcake.
7. Bake in the preheated oven 170C for about 25 minutes, or when a toothpick inserted into the chocolate part of the cupcake will come out clean.
Recipe adapted from Jane’s corner, with minor changes