I find use store-bought Char Siew is quicker than use chicken like Lor Mai Gai..
You have to adjust the seasonings for the rice, as the Char Siew sauce from difference stall might taste differencely.
And this time I did not pre-cooked the glutinous rice like last time, simply use the raw rice and just need to steam longer.
Like usual, we enjoyed this with chili sauce, yum!
Fan Choy a.k.a steamed rice 饭菜*makes 6 bowls
400g glutinous rice, soak for 4hrs or you can use normal white rice150g Char Siew (BBQ meat), sliced½ cup Char Siew sauce, obtain from the stall where you buy the char siew3 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and halved2 Shiitake Mushroom (soaked in water till soften), slice into 3 pcs eachWater
Seasonings for rice1tbsp light soy sauce1/2tbsp dark soy sauce1/2tbsp dark caramel soy sauce ( to get darker colour)1/2tbsp oyster sauce1tsp and 1/4tsp salt or to taste
- Mix all seasonings with soaked glutinuous rice evenly, set aside.
- Distribute Char Siew slices, hard-boiled eggs and mushroom evenly in each of the bowls.
- Spoon about 1 and 1/2tbsp Char Siew sauce over the ingredients.
- Fill the soaked glutinuous rice over the bowl about 90% full, then add 4tbsp water to cover the rice.
- Steam over high heat for 45mins.Reference: refer to Cuisine Paradise , recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover