I am not planning to make the normal baked mooncakes and snowskin mooncakes this year. But this year I would like to try new mooncake recipe like Kluang mooncake and this chocolate mooncake which I have bookmarked since last year.
This mooncake is quick and easy to make..This year again bought another set of new plastic mooncake moulds, can't tahan when see beautiful moulds ^_^
I know this chocolaty mooncakes sure well received by my family..
These mini size of mooncakes also perfect to giveaway. Frankly nowadays peoples don't really eat much mooncakes, actually made it meant for giveaway..
I added extra coffee oil or expresso coffee paste to further enhance the chocolate taste.
I am submitting this post to Best Recipes For Everyone August Event : Mooncakes hosted by XuanHom's Mom Kitchen Diary.Chocolate Baked Mooncake 巧克力烤皮月饼
230g plain flour ( I use Hong Kong flour)30g cocoa powder ( I use Valrhona cocoa powder)170g special mooncake syrup50g cooking oil or corn oil
1tsp coffee oil ( I use expresso coffee paste)1tsp alkaline water
720g white lotus paste filling or your choice of fillingRoasted hazelnuts or other nuts, optional
- Mix syrup, oil and alkaline water in a mixing bowl, stir to combine.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder, mix and combine to a soft dough. Set aside to rest for 30mins or more.
- Scale chocolate dough at 20g each and lotus paste filling at 30g each, and roll into ball. (based on mini plastic mooncake mould). If you prefer to add some nuts, add the roasted nuts with lotus paste before weight it.
- Flatten the chocolate dough ball, put a lotus paste filling at the centre, cover with chocolate dough and roll into ball. Place the dough into a mooncake mould. Press firmly, dislodge imprinted mooncake from mould.
- Bake at a pre-heated oven at 160c for 10mins, remove mooncakes from oven and set aside to cool for at least 15mins.
- Return mooncakes into oven and bake at preheated oven at 160c for 15mins.
- Store in air-tight container and room temperature. Best to enjoy wait till the next day when mooncake "return oil".Recipe source : adapted from Cass 揾到食 , Butter, Flour and Me, original recipe by Mooncake Sonata （Alan Ooi）, with minor changes